I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on PUP height in relation to the strings. I recently put some Hot Gold Lace Sensors in my strat, and was wondering how the distance from the strings changes the sound, and what the recommended distance is.

Thanks.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

EDIT:not trying to be racist.
...and don't sig me.
Generally:
As close as possible without interfering with the string vibrations or without sounding too muddy.
Cool, thanks.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

...and don't sig me.
Closer to the strings the 'more' it will pickup; a little louder.. So adjust it it so that it sounds right through your setup and equal to the other pickups.
If you have the pups too high then the magnetic field will result in less sustain. I generally have my pickups really low for this reason.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Thanks, I adjusted them higher to the strings and am getting the sounds I expected to hear for the money, which also led to a happier wife, who wanted to make sure money went to good use.

Thanks for the input.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Start by fretting the strings at the highest possible fret, then move each pickup about 3/16" below the bottom of the string. Move up or down by preference after that, but any closer than 1/8" is usually to close.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
If you have the pups too high then the magnetic field will result in less sustain. I generally have my pickups really low for this reason.

Really low? are you using fridge magnets?