Not for me but a friend. Which is the better combo for metal? I love my Engl but my matey is torn between an Engl or a tsl (both combos). After the most metaly metal sound! Think the normal Metallica, Trivium etc. If there's any other amps in the £700 price range feel free to say what and why.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Quote by Tubey
Not for me but a friend. Which is the better combo for metal? I love my Engl but my matey is torn between an Engl or a tsl (both combos). After the most metaly metal sound! Think the normal Metallica, Trivium etc. If there's any other amps in the £700 price range feel free to say what and why.

Such artists as these have stupid amounts of money to spend on their rig. And as far as i know a lot of them use a pedal to give the overall tone of the amps overdrive. A popular one is the Ibanez tubescreamer.
Matt Heafy of Trivium uses a DSL with some sort of pedal in front of it. I would say go to the store and try different combos of pedals and amps out, that's the only way to find out what you like.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
The TSL has never impressed me, ENGL on the other hand manages to blow me away every time. If I was into high gain I would gaurantee that would find one in my rig.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit