I just got a condenser mic, which I know are meant for recording. But has anybody ever played lived with a condenser? Does it make a difference?

If anyone has an idea that would be great. So far I am just planning to record with.

By the way its a Marshall Mic. I got it free with a USB interface on musiciansfriend.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Last edited by noah22791 at Aug 13, 2006,
Hmm, alot of condenser mic's cant be mic'd up to amps unless they are the really High range ones. it could damage the mic'd but seen as you got it for free, no harm in trying!
Never have, I always use a 57, I feel like condensor mic's wouldnt be direct enough...that being said you should try and let us know how it goes.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

don't do it condensors are very sensitive and prone to "Squeely" feedback when micing amps at high volumes.
Condernsers tend to pick up a lot more ambient noise than unidorectional dynamic mics, so you can potentialy get bleed from the other instruments. But there's really no reason you can't use it.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister
Condernsers tend to pick up a lot more ambient noise than unidorectional dynamic mics, so you can potentialy get bleed from the other instruments. But there's really no reason you can't use it.

Condenser mics can be unidirectional as well as have other patterns. They do, however, tend to pick up more ambient noise since they are usually more sensitive than dynamic mics. It will work just fine for recording.
Summer Sale: Save 20% on Jam Tracks or Exotica. Save 30% when you buy both. Sale ends September 4th.
www.UnderTheGroove.com
i use a sm57 for recording at live i love the sound but i am interested to see how a condenser would work we only use one for vocals
i like the SM 57 for live and ecording purpose and i like th 58 for vocals
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
we only use a condenser in recording, live we use a wireless sure SM58
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50