Im currently learning how to play WALK by Pantera.. problem is I dont know how to drop the E to a D. Any Advice? Im really clueless on this. I also have a tuner (Standard I think?) but I really have no clue about how any of this works. only been playin for 2 weeks....
well if your in normal tuning you would tune your guitars E string on the fifth fret to the A string open (assuming that your A is in tuned)

To tune to drop D you tune your E string down so that the 7th fret of E matches your A string open
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I don't think Walk is in drop D...

but, if your tuner isn't chromatic, you can probably add in flats. So put in 2 flats, and tune your low E to E. Or, tune your low E string so that the 7th fret on that string is the same pitch as the A string.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Very Quick Reply!

Well Ill see what I can do.Im just really iffy about messing with tuning stuff so I wanna make it good.

@Invisible Man

I watched a vid of some guy playing Walk in Drop D. Sounded pretty good to me.
Just keep dropping the pitch till the 7th fret on the low E string is the same note as your A string. If you are still clueless, try checking on youtube to see if there is a video about how to drop tune.

And Walk by Pantera is in Drop D.
as uve been only playin two weeks u probably arent used to recognising sound that well but for future reference the easiest and quickest way to drop D is to play the 3 low bass strings while downtuning the E-string till the 3 strings your playing sounds like ur playing a powerchord.

Good Luck With Learning m8
Thanks. The only thing right now Im havin problem with when learning is finding easy songs. Electric either has Easy songs like Iron man and Walk or Deathmetal-Break-Your-Fingers songs... well from whta Ive heard lol.

^^^^ Great... vids... ? lol
Walk is definatly in drop d. Most metal is in drop d and that tuning kiks ass thats why a lot of metal sounds cool.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Quote by TheUnholy
So, apparently "Britain has a large Pakistani community" is now a source of humour?

I hope your Daily Mail strangles you, to be honest.
to down to d on the tuner but once you get your ear gets a little better pick the E string and then the d string then try to match that sound
Tried that Rip.... Out of Tune out the wazoo.

So from what Ive gathered, Tune the E string on 7th fret till it matches open A? Im guessin thier on different Octaves?
Well Peirce I would If I liked Nirvana... Just some reason I cant stand to listen to thier songs. THier alright... but stil....

Ill give em a shot for learnin' sake.

Im mostly just learning to play Electric to impress my friends.. where I live you either like rock or you dont listen to music so.. lol
Quote by Gibson SG FTW
you either like rock or you dont listen to musicl

god i wish it was like that everywhere so i didnt have to listen to other people playing continous repetitive dance crap that just gives me headaches , if a song dont have any sort of guitar in its not worth listening to lol
Definately agreed! Neither is that "Yo in my home my dawgs are in da club with wine" or sum kind of rap sh*t
Instead of learning songs, maybe you should practice exercises to increase finger speed and strength and such?
no? So start learn the basic chords, powerchords, and be able to change from chord to chord fluently. Dont even start to worry about lead
Quote by Ascendancy5
Instead of learning songs, maybe you should practice exercises to increase finger speed and strength and such?

, no point trying to run before you can walk (no pun intended)
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
well, you pluck the d string and the e string and drop the tuning of the e string until they sound the same. to tune it back to e standard, pick the bottong e string and the e string with droped tuning. tune it so they sound the same.
Quote by frigginjerk
i was always under the impression that walk is in drop D, down a whole step...

high to low: D A F C G C

You're closer than the rest of them, saying "definatly in drop d". It's actually in standard, tuned down 1¼ steps.
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
Quote by Black Hole Sun
You're closer than the rest of them, saying "definatly in drop d". It's actually in standard, tuned down 1¼ steps.

i know its tuned down a quater step on cemetary gates but im not sure about walk, as far as i know its just in drop d, sounds fine that way anyways
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Black Hole Sun

Black Hole Sun ftw
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Quote by tommyt
i know its tuned down a quater step on cemetary gates but im not sure about walk, as far as i know its just in drop d, sounds fine that way anyways

Well, I just tried it out, and it sounds a lot better with the extra quarter step.

Yes, me ftw .
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit