Hey all.
Im a massive fan of nickelback and the song someday needs the guitar to drop down a step.Now i know how to drop my E to a D by the 6th sounding like the 5th at 7th fret. Now, is there easy way from drop D to tune the guitar down a step? Ty
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Quote by TheUnholy
So, apparently "Britain has a large Pakistani community" is now a source of humour?

I hope your Daily Mail strangles you, to be honest.
Last edited by Zebrahead_SICK at Aug 13, 2006,
do u put it in drop D, then tune it so : The pth fret on the 6th string sounds like the 7th fret on the 5th?
Or am i talkin a bunch of bull?
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Quote by TheUnholy
So, apparently "Britain has a large Pakistani community" is now a source of humour?

I hope your Daily Mail strangles you, to be honest.
Drop C (Drop D down a whole step): C G C F A D

• Play the 3rd fret Low E string and the A string open. Retune the A string to match the 3rd fret Low E string.
  • Play the 5th fret A string and the D string open. Retune the D string to match the 5th fret A string.
  • Play the 5th fret D string and the G string open. Retune the G string to match the 5th fret D string.
  • Play the 4th fret G string and the B string open. Retune the B string to match the 4th fret G string.
  • Play the 5th fret B string and the High E string open. Retune the High E string to match the 5th fret B string.
  • Play the 12th fret Low E string and the D string open. Retune the 12th fret Low E to match the D string open.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356567...

I assume that's what you mean when you say Drop D then down a whole step.
^ He doesn't mean Drop C, he means a whole step down.

Noobs aside, just tune your guitar from the 6th string D. It'll all be in the right tuning.
Maybe I'm wrong but if you place a capo on the 2nd fret then tune the guitar in standard tuning, remove the capo and you should have a whole step down. Correct me if I'm wrong.
This isn't that hard....

If you have it in drop D already, the 6th string is already a whole step down. So just tune like you normally would, from the 5th fret, from that string. Then the rest will be a whole step down.
chromatic tuner?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile