Ok, first off, my guitar is a squire fender strat thing, which is cheap and isnt great i know, and this is probably why my frets are so badly out of tune.

The main problem seems to be the top E string, which is nearly a whole semitone out, but the other strings are all slightly out in the higher frets as well. (i have used a chromatic tuner to measure them, but you can tell easily by ear)

is there anything i can do to solve this problem, short of buying a new guitar/feetboard?

thanks
are you familiar with intonation? some slight adjustments wouuld probably fix it.. I'd go into a little tutorial on how to play around with it, but I don't have much time. Search google for adjusting intonation, or just wait, I'm sure someone will come around with those fun pictures that show you exactly what to do..
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
You have to adjust the intonation, which is done by turning the screws on the bridge that move the saddles forward and backward. You hit the open string then fret it at the 12th fret, which should be the same note but an octave higher. I think if it's flat you turn it counterclockwise and if it's sharp you turn it clockwise, either that or vice versa.
Your STRINGS are out of tune.

So just tune 'em.
My Rig:
Gibson SG Classic (Heritage Cherry)
Crate V1512
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop JH-01 Jimi Hendrix Wah
Yep =(

*googles intonation*
My Rig:
Gibson SG Classic (Heritage Cherry)
Crate V1512
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop JH-01 Jimi Hendrix Wah
Try to re-intonate your guitar (just google for some tutorials) If your frets are still out of tune it might be the neck that needs a trussrod adjustment but I'd suggest you have a profesionnal do that.