i was just wondering what advantages and disadvantages a 7 string had over a 6 string
7 strings have really wide necks, so if you have small hands it may be troublesome.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
theyre expensive, and the good ones are REALLY expensive.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
no the tuning is e b G D A E B
--
yah ^^ thank you
--
If you're used to playing a 6 string it'll get some getting used to with the extra string. You go to play an open E power chord and you've played a B by accident. That's what happened to me when I was playing one in a shop anyway.
Quote by Guitar_God_WIP
Volkl has God-like Nintendo knowledge

Like Nintendo? PM me for more..
Quote by tiny0514
dose it change the tuning

i'm not sure exactly what you mean by that, but a 7-string has the same strings in the same pitch as a 6-string with an added low B-string. unless you really want to cover a band that uses 7-strings i would recommend getting a 6-string, this coming from someone who owns a 7-string.
I guess it'd be a pain in the ass buying strings, for a seven.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
best players in the world only really use 6 and i think its how heavy u want to go but ill stick to the 6
Petriusse (or however ya spell his name) Invented the sevenstring... I think.... well he uses them alot.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
Petriusse (or however ya spell his name) Invented the sevenstring... I think.... well he uses them alot.

John Petrucci? He didn't invent them, people were using them before him including Steve Vai (Though not that often really). Some Jazz guitarists were using seven strings a long time ago.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Aug 13, 2006,
The strings are expensive the guitar is expensive ...

I would like to have one. It's not a big difference to a 6 string althrou
It just gives you the extra 5 notes. That's pretty much it. There are a lot of things you can do with those 5 notes that you can't do on a six-string guitar. Most of the bands that use them are like Heavy-Metal bands, but they aren't the only ones.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by fullmetaltrash
best players in the world only really use 6 and i think its how heavy u want to go but ill stick to the 6

Sure but some of the best players in the world have experimented with a 7 string. IE: Vai, Petrucci, Satriani
Quote by GNR4EVER
John Petrucci? He didn't invent them, people were using them before him including Steve Vai (Though not that often really). Some Jazz guitarists were using seven strings a long time ago.

I knew someone like that weas famous for using them... But I didn't kno Jazz Guitarist used them. LEarn something new every few days.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.