I'm planning on buildin a guitar later this winter, and I want to know if there are any advantadges//disadvantadges of Scalloping the frets. I plan on this guitar being a shred guitar, but i also want it to be usable for chords and what not. And how hard is it to scallop the frets?
Quote by jamiecallaghan

I personally haven't been caught, but my Jamaican friend got caught wanking once by his mum. She said ''Tobi mon! Stop playin' wit ya willy!''
alright thanks, and this will make the 12-24 frets more playable right?
Quote by jamiecallaghan

I personally haven't been caught, but my Jamaican friend got caught wanking once by his mum. She said ''Tobi mon! Stop playin' wit ya willy!''
In a way yes, in a way no. I like them because it makes it easier to pull the string all the way down, in a way making it easier to play faster. But everytime i squeeze too hard, it also pulls the pitch up a bit and makes it sound like your guitar is out of tune.
I'd recommend you to let someone do it, cause you need different sized files (think logically), but if you'll do it urself, you should bear in mind not to f*** up those frets
Quote by SOME RANDOM DUDE
I probably said something special, but kr2su just added that quotation here so he can too be one of those guys who have quotes in their sigs
Quote by kr2su
I'd recommend you to let someone do it, cause you need different sized files (think logically), but if you'll do it urself, you should bear in mind not to f*** up those frets

2 words;

masking tape

problem solved

ahh don't worry, I am going to do it in my school, plenty of files there.

I will make a thread about that in 2-3weeks.
just a masking tape could leave rough edges,

but remember then to use guitar wax before and after if sound is something you'll need

anyway, good luck
Quote by SOME RANDOM DUDE
I probably said something special, but kr2su just added that quotation here so he can too be one of those guys who have quotes in their sigs
I think you'll find it easier to do by taking your neck off. Plus it eliminates the possibility of scratching and dinging up the guitar body.
Quote by JasonFUSJ
I think you'll find it easier to do by taking your neck off. Plus it eliminates the possibility of scratching and dinging up the guitar body.

That's just stupid and a waste of time. You don't need to take the neck off.
Quote by Flynt
That's just stupid and a waste of time. You don't need to take the neck off.

NO it's not stupid to take the neck off. It's stupid to be that friggin lazy to take the damn thing off. It's 4 screws, take the damn thing off.