Hey,

i played a Fender Blues Junior at the store the other day and i play Hard-rock and metal mostly. i was trying an overdrive with it and after a while of not getting very i started to wonder if i was seting it up wrong..

so basicly i was turning up the chanel volume and using the OD pedal (zakk wylde) with almost max volume and gain but not getting much result.

when i cam home i started thinking "was i doing it worng?" and thought maybe i should have turned down the chanel volume and used the master volume with the pedal?

would the latter have been correct?

help would be much apreciated
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
You wont get a metal tone out of a BJ with just an OD like that. That one is meant to boost a medium gain amp, like Zakks JCM800's.

If you're looking for any kind of metal or hard rock tone, don't even think about getting a Blues Jr. There are better alternatives if you're just gonna slam it with pedals.
Well i think its the amp: Blues Jr's are low gain amps and arent made for hard rock metal, they are made for blues and light rock.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
ok, i get ur point and accepet it

BUT if it was a higher gain amp - would i have had the pedal and amp set up in the right way to get an even higher gain sound ?
Yeah, that OD pedal is NOT distortion. I believe Wylde uses the distortion on his JCM amp(s) and boosts it with the overdrive pedal. Overdrive isn't as "mean" as distortion. Think "Metallica = distortion, Stevie Ray Vaughan = overdrive."
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by Alex2zulu
Hey,

i played a Fender Blues Junior at the store the other day and i play Hard-rock and metal mostly. i was trying an overdrive with it and after a while of not getting very i started to wonder if i was seting it up wrong..

so basicly i was turning up the chanel volume and using the OD pedal (zakk wylde) with almost max volume and gain but not getting much result.

when i cam home i started thinking "was i doing it worng?" and thought maybe i should have turned down the chanel volume and used the master volume with the pedal?

would the latter have been correct?

help would be much apreciated

You're supposed to leave the gain at 2-3 o'clock. But yeah, the BJ is more of a clean amp.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
anybody got any thoughts about a differnt valve amp thats 30watts or less that could be used for rock/metal thats £450 max i saw the laney LC-30II that looked like it could be good for me

but do u know of anything else ?
thanks for the dsl idea, i tryed the fallen angel and it was a bit to dark for me, the TSL601 was to dark as well but maybe its just me - i didnt get a chance to crank it eather i was in the store and it was 60watts

would the DSL be able to give a good distortion without being cranked to like half volume?

would di still need an OD ?