Is there a better guage string/string set I can use for Drop D? When I drop into D the string isn't heavy enough for me to really play that fast. The rest are fine, it's mainly just the low D. When I drop on my bass I can play perfect speed for whatever song, song wondering if I need a heavier gauge.
what gauge are you using now?
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
check out the ghs stings zakk wylde signature set, you can tune those ****ers to b if you wanted to and still keep it crisp..i think thier called lo tune or somthing like that
both work well for down tuning... check em out

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GHS-Zakk-Wylde-Lo-Tune-Signature-Strings?sku=100447
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GHS-Zakk-Wylde-Signature-Strings?sku=100446
....and pass the cemetary gates
REST IN PEACE Brother Dime
1966-2004
dude dont bother with slinkys i always use DR hi beam .11-.50 and i tune one whole step down but with drop d it sounds good and so do the zakk wylde boomers
Quote by YYZ
Yea, that's why most hot girls are dating faggot emo kids from ****ty faggot gay homo emo bands. I hate life.
Try the GHS Boomers TNT. The bottom three strings are heavier and the top three strings are lighter... so you can get the super low chunk and the easieness of playing lights on the high strings all at once.
Ever since I started to use Ghs strings I haven't used any other brands. I use the zakk wylde reg set and they handle any tunning I throw at them. Personally I think Ernie Ball is the most over-rated string company ever IMO.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
Quote by i_baked_cookies
Try the GHS Boomers TNT. The bottom three strings are heavier and the top three strings are lighter... so you can get the super low chunk and the easieness of playing lights on the high strings all at once.

That's the same thing as the Ernie Ball 2215 Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Strings. Which I am now considering using. Not slinkys, I ****ed up, haha. Was thinking of my Bass Strings (Ernie Ball 2831 Power Slinky).
Hm. Unless you are using like, a set of .07s, drop D should tune fine.

I use .09s and mine stays nice in drop D.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by ShredtoBed
Hm. Unless you are using like, a set of .07s, drop D should tune fine.

I use .09s and mine stays nice in drop D.

I'm not talking about tuning. I mean, the string isn't thick enough for me to play fast. So I'm basically just looking for a heavier gauge lowE.
Quote by totamaster69
dude dont bother with slinkys i always use DR hi beam .11-.50 and i tune one whole step down but with drop d it sounds good and so do the zakk wylde boomers

DR .11's.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID