http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3671015909713633057&q=mark+king

Watch whis bass solo by the level 42 bassist Mark King around 1.06 minutes through he flicks the strings with all 4 fingers and i havent got a clue what this technique is called or how to do it. if any one knows could they give a little help.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
no i know how to slap, i mean the bit before he starts slapping.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

its called flamenco. its strumming where you flick your fingers out, either at once, or one at a time to get a....*cant think of the word*.

its really easy to do, just flick out your fingers (some people only use 1 or 2 fingers, its just preference as to how many to use), and then you can hit the strings again as you bring your fingers back in.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
to be honest I think his hair looked awesome long, and he was quite sextastic to be honest... I'd do him

haha, you'd do me....

The Tim Sawyer of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
i dont know the name either, but i think 99% of acoustic guitar players do the same way (on their tiny strings) he's just playing as it was an acoustic guitar.

how to do it: watch the video, m8 and check out a few chords, mol, sus, stuff like that, i'm sure you'll find a few here, and you can also see chords in Guitar Pro if you have it (for 4 5 and 6 string basses)

Edit: O.o, a few answers while i was writing mine...
Last edited by macsek at Aug 13, 2006,
he's just strumming like you would an acoustic guitar, with a bit of a flick, like many jazz guitar players, and like flamenco players, as the other person said.
thanks
Quote by Kendawg4TooL

The real question is what exactly does he does to get a freaking fast slaprun going at the end. Alot of slapping the fret board with the left hand, it looks like.

Someone want to tab it out?
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Lol i dont think many would even attempt to tab that solo.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL

Isn't the flick called rasqueado (sp?) when applied to classical guitar?
John Frusciante Fan Club member #5