how do you drop b tune?
do you just tune the low e to sound like the b string?
in other words, since when you drop d tune you only change the low e and match it to the regular d string. is it the same concept?
well.. yeah.. just drop it to the note b so yes it would match the b string

the string would be very loose if you have it that low though unless you have a high gauge
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
from my understanding, there are two kinds of drop b. there is the "Zakk Wylde" way in which you just tune the E string to B and leave all the other strings alone. Then there is the other way which Slipknot uses in which you tune your E string to B (down 2 and a half steps) and tune the other strings down one and a half steps.
if its just drop B then u gota downtune it like 3 steps, but if its all downtuning tune all ur strings down too, like if its kinda like slipknot tuning u need 2 downtune all ur strings, the easiest way to do it is with a decent tuner or and FX pedal with a tuner cus they have all the notes on not just E A D G B E
Well, there is also drop B like on a 7 string guitar, but without the high e. You just drop everything down 2 1/2 step, so your finished tuning is (low to high) B E A D G B.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

thanks. and once again sry, ill post these things in the tuning forum from now on.
yeah metal militia. the most common tuning using B is the 'lazy B' where the low E is lowered to B ( two and a half steps ) and everthing is lowered one and a half. you should end up with B, F#, B, E, G#, C#. its a killer tuning for metal just make sure u get heavy strings to compensate for the loss in tension
don't
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300