Pretty straightforward: What's an E bow, what's it for and who uses them?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
it keeps your strings swining and does some weird noise...in one song (dunno the name) steve vai done it
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
Quote by Ali_Boulala
it keeps your strings swining and does some weird noise...in one song (dunno the name) steve vai done it

Er... swining? Either that's a typo or I need a new dictionary...

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
^ Ringing, perhaps?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
I thought that too but I can't work out how you'd hit "w" instead of "i". Ah well. Anyway, how do they work then, if that is their purpose?

didn't jimmy page use one? Or was it a normal bow?
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
lol jimmy page used a bow like a violin bow an ebow is something waaay different
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Ebow is an little electronic device that apparantly gives infinite sustain and a sort of strings/synth sound to the guitar by emitting something whilst being held up to a pickup.
You won't be around forever girl, you gotta grab life with both hands.

Gear:
USA Fender Telecaster
Tweed Fender Blues Junior
Boss DD-3
Boss RC-2
Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Handmade AB box
MXR Micro Amp Clone
yeah what he said ^
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
it uses electromagnets to make your string just vibrate. forever. well, until the batteries die at least. i have one. its quite fun. you can get some cool sounds out of them. i dont use it much though.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.