Edit: I use big wide and lots of vibratos

I've been using Dean Markley's Lights 9-42

I've been thinking about using Diaddrio's or big name brands with heavier gauges, because I use a 1.5 mm pick almost always

What are your preferences?
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
Last edited by mEtAlORc at Aug 14, 2006,
I have 12's on my guitar at the moment, but I'm switching back down to 10's because my vibrato has suffered greatly. That said, use whatever guage you're comfortable with.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Im using 9's at the mo but im gonna switch to 10's so i can produce a better clearer sound when i go through a legato phrase without bumming notes especially on the high e.
Quote by adamtalman13
Im using 9's at the mo but im gonna switch to 10's so i can produce a better clearer sound when i go through a legato phrase without bumming notes especially on the high e.

Hammer on's and pull off's are actually easier on lighter strings.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Big ones.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
All depends what tuning your using really, if your playing in standard, no point of throwing a set of 13's on there, and u obviously dont wanna use 9's in drop c..?