Considering all options, I'm torn between the classic; Ramones, and the Japanese noise distortioners; Guitar Wolf.
How exactly are the Ramones garage punk? If they are, then they're my favorite. But my favorite garage punk band that's actually a garage punk band is the Repercussions.
either Oblivians or the Catholic Boys... there's soo many good ones though.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
The Sonics
The Mummies
Oblivians
Teengenerate
Guitar Wolf
New Bomb Turks
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Aug 13, 2006,
Guitar Wolf, The Sonics, MAYBE Sonic Youth if you count them, but arent they Considered like No Wave? or Grunge?

But I would count them as garage.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
damn. i don't know, iw ould have to go with new bomb turks but i ****ing love oblivians.
and yeah sonic youth has been called no wave, i know **** about no wave though, damn i hate subgenres so many, so damn confusing.
Originally posted by XMetallica73X
i would love iran compared to this place trust me, they dont lie to you

^ FIELD TRIP TIME
Sonic Youth are in a weird world all their own.
Although they are dissonant, I think they're alot closer to grunge, than No Wave (which sounds completely different).

I think The Ramones would have been considered a garage band, if not for the punk explosion.

Old garage bands I like are:

Flamin' Groovies
Sonics
Pretty Things
Wailers

Newer garage bands I like:

New Bomb Turks
Swingin' Neckbreakers
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
http://www.cryptrecords.com/

For Garage Rock and all that other great stuff, this website is righteous!

EDIT: Speaking of the Flamin' Groovies: I found an old Vinyl of their "Teenage Head" LP in a record store in Delaware for $5.99, but I passed on it because I don't own a record player. I kinda regret it.
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Aug 14, 2006,
whoops! I forgot about teengenerate, them too. But ya I do consider The Ramones garage punk because if you listen to them, and then listen to say guitar wolf, then you'll see the similarities for sure, but guitar wolfs a little more incomprehensible...
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Speaking of the Flamin' Groovies: I found an old Vinyl of their "Teenage Head" LP in a record store in Delaware for $5.99, but I passed on it because I don't own a record player. I kinda regret it.

D'oh!
Did you go back and see if it was still there?
That's a really good album and very hard to find.

The Groovies seem to really excel at doing covers, like Freddy Cannon's "Tallahasse Lassie" and Chuck Berry's "Don't You Lie To Me".
I was never to into the song "Shake Some Action" and still cringe at the thought of it being in the movie "Clueless".
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

Quote by johnnynemo
D'oh!
Did you go back and see if it was still there?
That's a really good album and very hard to find.

The Groovies seem to really excel at doing covers, like Freddy Cannon's "Tallahasse Lassie" and Chuck Berry's "Don't You Lie To Me".
I was never to into the song "Shake Some Action" and still cringe at the thought of it being in the movie "Clueless".

They do have some pretty good covers really, they also do "Money" and "Million Miles Away." I just dig'em.
SIZE]
I've got a promo 45 of the Groovies covering "Somethin' Else" and it's just great.
The really rip it up.
I'm guessing that they played a fair amount of covers when they first started, which is why they're so good at doing them.

I didn't know the Groovies covered the Plimsouls.
I checked it out and it's pretty good.

The Beatles cover wasn't much of a surprise, though.
They've always been obsessed with the Fab Four.
I like the Groovies cover of "Slow Down" alot more than the Beatles cover of it, but I might be a bit jaded.
I've never had much use for the Beatles, barring "Cold Turkey" and "Helter Skelter".

I also recommend the Pink Fairies.
I guess they're technically a pub-rock band, but bands like Pink Fairies, Count Bishops and 101ers played the same kind of R&B that many garage bands did/do.
Quote by sargasm

How could I forget to include, King Khan and BBQ Show, Mystery Girls and the Black Lips!
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
If The Ramones are garage punk then i pick them. I also really like The Wipers.
The Sonics, The Black Lips, Flamin Groovies, The Stooges' first record I thought was very garge rock.