Im looking at Marshalls and i dont know if i should go with the MG100DFX combo. Its cheap and it looks pretty good. But i might be able to get a good deal on a Marshall MF350 head and a MF280A cab for a really good deal. So which one should i get?
mode four is tube i think. so that. or it might be a hybrid. in which case you should consider a B-52 or a Carvin.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Last edited by tubab0y at Aug 13, 2006,
the MG, because its cheaper and looks cooler. And you don't have to replace the tubes in the mode four
the mg is ****e and unreliable, get the mode four. the mode four is a pro amp too so itll last you ages.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Mode Four, its two amps in one and considering its a tube it will have more tone, and you can't go wrong with a MF350 and a MF280A 4x12" cab in a stack, its and awesome combo.
the Mode 4 isn't a tube amp, it's a hybrid. It's got a tube preamp, but the poweramp is still SS.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Wow...I've never seen so many noobs fall for someone making a wrong comment...

The Mode 4 IS NOT TUBE!!!!!!

The worse.

Threadstarter...do some more research, then come back. I'm done with giving the same old speel...

When you can show that you actually know what you want and know something about your choices, then come back.
If you're going to get a Marshall there are plenty of options, all of which would be better than either the two you ask about.

JCM800
JCM900
JCM2000 DSL
JCM2000 TSL

To add on other options...

B52 AT100
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Randall MTS
Carvin Legacy or V3

All better options than either MG or Mode 4.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by \m/AC DC\m/
Im looking at Marshalls and i dont know if i should go with the MG100DFX combo. Its cheap and it looks pretty good. But i might be able to get a good deal on a Marshall MF350 head and a MF280A cab for a really good deal. So which one should i get?

No. Neither.
Quote by tubab0y
mode four is tube i think. so that.

No. nuff said.
Quote by Gutch220
the MG, because its cheaper and looks cooler. And you don't have to replace the tubes in the mode four

LMAO lol I love you man...

but not in a gay way...just cause yo azz is funny.
Quote by ArcherTheVMan
the mg is ****e and unreliable, get the mode four. the mode four is a pro amp too so itll last you ages.

Youre a tard.
Quote by KVX10 KING V
Mode Four, its two amps in one and considering its a tube it will have more tone, and you can't go wrong with a MF350 and a MF280A 4x12" cab in a stack, its and awesome combo.

Somehow you managed to be even MORE of a tard.
Quote by Douglas_Kouslak
MG series is not really good, take the other one.

No...actually...dont take either...
Quote by Mudder
If you're going to get a Marshall there are plenty of options, all of which would be better than either the two you ask about.

JCM800
JCM900
JCM2000 DSL
JCM2000 TSL

To add on other options...

B52 AT100
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Randall MTS
Carvin Legacy or V3

All better options than either MG or Mode 4.

THERE YA GO! BINGO!

-All statements above are IMO-
^ I've never seen so many people owned in one post! My hat goes off to you, kurdtkobaign.

Why do you want a Marshall, obviosly not for tone, sinnce your looking at those.
Quote by Gutch220

Yeah, having to replace the tubes every 3 or 4 years isn't worth the incredible tone.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Yeah, having to replace the tubes every 3 or 4 years isn't worth the incredible tone.

HAHAHAHA

Quote by El Codyo
^ I've never seen so many people owned in one post! My hat goes off to you, kurdtkobaign.

Quote by Archeo Avis

Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Oh My God......

This thread just gets better and better doesn't it

And still, we have guys that think the Mode 4 is tube.....

Where has UG gone? Where?!?!

Down the shltter. It's been down the shltter for a long time...you been living under a rock?
^Ham?

We should do a sticky telling that you shouldnt get any Marshall thats not tube!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
no, we should have a sticky saying dont get any amp unless its tube...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
haha, awesome.

to reiterate: the mode 4 isn't all tube. You know how you find stuff like this out?

YOU GOOGLE THE FUCKING MANUFACTURER'S WEBSITE, AND IT'LL TELL YOU THERE!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i had a friend think it was tube,

i said "no it isnt" he sad "yes it is, i can tell" so i look at the site, and the shipping weight is under 50 pounds, so i laughed. and then i kicked his asian ass.

good times.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by tubadude
i had a friend think it was tube,

i said "no it isnt" he sad "yes it is, i can tell" so i look at the site, and the shipping weight is under 50 pounds, so i laughed. and then i kicked his asian ass.

good times.

Silly Asians. Everyone knows they don't know anything about guitar amps.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
he has a jubilee and triple rect. he had an AVT150H but he got smart. so he knows something about amps. . .
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I think the point has been made.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.