Ok, well i'm completely new to the whole guitar building/redoing process and i'm trying to refinish my old Austin strat copy guitar but can't seem to strip off the finish. I've tried multiple coats of strpeeze type stripper on it and the finish just doesn't come off no matter how hard I scrub at it. If anyone could help that would be great. thanks
Stripping the finish off your guitar is pretty much a waste of time & useless unless you want a natural finish. Either way, i'm assuming the guitar is plywood & plywood is ugly. Your best bet would have been to scuff sand the body with 220 grit and started painting.

Did you sand the body at all ? What condition is the current paint in?

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Yea i tried sanding it and didn't get much off, it all just turned white, but should i just paint over it?
If the paint is still flat and not bubbly from the stripper than yes. Just sand it a bit with 220 grit and paint over it.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Will you still need primer if you do like that? My logic says you don't need, but then, my logic usually fails.
You always need a primer.