Like the title, what are the minimun theory topics that i need to know to start improvising? I know that learn a scale is a must, but i think there's must be other theory that show me how to make some patterns to play those scales, or something like that. Any suggestion?. Thanks.
1. Scales: Minor Penantonic, Blues, and Major
2. Intervals, ex: the difference between 5ths and 7ths, and where to bend these notes to the next.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
to be able to improvise you can not be tone deff you must have timing yopu must have rythmm you must know what sound each note makes and much more
Quote by El Cumanés
Like the title, what are the minimun theory topics that i need to know to start improvising? I know that learn a scale is a must, but i think there's must be other theory that show me how to make some patterns to play those scales, or something like that. Any suggestion?. Thanks.
Nobody ever seems to mention an ear for melody. I encourage my students to learn every melody they possibly can, in every key. It is simply impossible to do this for very long without beginning to play more musically interesting and personally satisfying solos.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
ear training is probably the most defining difference between a good improviser and a great one - very overlooked by most guitarists
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Besides the techincal stuff, you need to be able to read your drummer, bassist, etc. to know when to come in and whatnot. The Who are a great example of improvisation on stage; watch any video with them.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Quote by Kartman
1. Scales: Minor Penantonic, Blues, and Major
2. Intervals, ex: the difference between 5ths and 7ths, and where to bend these notes to the next.

isn't pentatonic minor and the blues scales pretty much the same thing. except the blues has a few extra notes, or something.
^The blues scale has one added tone.

[B]Minor Pentatonic:[/B] 1 - b3 - 4 - 5 - b7.
[B]Blues:[/B] 1 - b3 - 4 - b5 - 5 - b7.
If you know the song you are improvising to well, you can time different notes so they go right into resolving chords. It's really cool. My dad has all these old songs he wrote in his hippy days that he plays and I play lead to, and we are doing some really cool things with them.

Also try to learn the minor scale and major scale as well as pentatonics so you can through in those half steps to add some spice and give it more of a mood.