Page 1 of 2
What are the necks like? Are they really fat like some say (maybe those that havnt even held one)? I have an rg450 but want a fixed bridge so am looking at omen 6.
Well, they ARE thicker than an Ibanez, it took me some getting used to, but they arent as thick as a les paul. they are very easy to play and some models have thinner necks than others so its all personal preference
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Im saving for a C-1 blackjack right now. I want it bad.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.

later that night
Schecters, as a rule of thumb are the most superior guitars on the planet. No the neck is perfect. That is how they were meant to be made. There is some girly men that I have seen that can not handle a thick one. They are the only ones complaining about it.

An omen6 would be a giant step up from your Rg. Go for it.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Who owns a Schecter? Well I'd say about everyone in the "I own a Schecter Club" or something like that. And I own one too, in fact I have the Omen-6 model. And I fúckin loooooooooooove it. But the Damien-6 looks even sweeter. I'd go for the Damien one (EMG pickups and a frrrrrikin gorgeous black satin finish and its the same price )

Hope this helped.
Peace
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
Last edited by miguelito2729 at Aug 13, 2006,
i actually find the thiness of my rg a bit of a puzzle, its thin, but its really wide, which to me doesnt make sense as when u hold a guitar ur palm makes a C shape but the rg neck is not a c shape. so to me would make more sense for a neck to be less wide and more round as would give u more feel and support where needed and less stretch in the fingers with the width.

i love the look of the omen in electric blue.
schecters are really nice, especially for the price you pay for one. the pups are duncan designed, and although they arent bad, id changed them out. the necks are thing enough to easily shred on, but arent thin as the wizard so it actually feels like you're holding a guitar neck. what sets them apart from rg's, jacksons, etc...schecters just look cooler

EDIT: for real, the one thing you notice about a guitar that'll make you want to play it is the feel. schecters just feel real nice. go pick one up and you'll understand.
Last edited by JamesKid3 at Aug 13, 2006,
your not wrong there JamesKid3

i love the looks, number one reason i wont buy another strat, even though i love playing them. looks are important, i know its shallow to say.

is that an electric blue omen in your sig, or something more special?
That is an omen 6, back when I was first starting I bought an omen6, Ive moved on to higher end schecters now but that was an awesome guitar. Mine had silver hardware and a tailpiece though. The newer Omen 6s have diamond tuners, mine came with grovers.

James does yours have Diamond tuners or grovers? And fiz if you can find one with grovers it would be better than one of the newer ones.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Last edited by cubedeathk at Aug 13, 2006,
I have a Shecter C/SH1 and the neck isn't thin or thick. I just finished learning Passage to the Reaper (Vivaldi, Summer - presto) from the Alexi Laiho instructional video, and the neck plays great when playing fast, they're really smooth. Not good for shred though. More of a blues guitar
High as tits
c/sh1 oooooooooooo yeah. i like the look of them, and the e/a, but out of my price range.

isnt the tune omatic bridge better than the older fixed bridges on the omen 6 though? i know of one of the older ones for sale, but he wants the price of a new one as he reckons they were twice as much as the new ones originally.
depends on which schecter you get. the blackjack series has neck as thick as baseball bats. but my C-1 plus's neck is thinner then my ibanez. just depends on the model
Quote by fiztech
your not wrong there JamesKid3

i love the looks, number one reason i wont buy another strat, even though i love playing them. looks are important, i know its shallow to say.

is that an electric blue omen in your sig, or something more special?

Quote by cubedeathk
That is an omen 6, back when I was first starting I bought an omen6, Ive moved on to higher end schecters now but that was an awesome guitar. Mine had silver hardware and a tailpiece though. The newer Omen 6s have diamond tuners, mine came with grovers.

James does yours have Diamond tuners or grovers? And fiz if you can find one with grovers it would be better than one of the newer ones.

it's actually an older c-1. if im not mistaken it's atleast 5 years old now. what those c-1's were, they made the omen-6 later on as they redesigned the c-1 models. but i kinda pimped it out and dropped in a dimarzio air norton in the neck, an evolution in the bridge, and had it re-wired with 2 volumes w/ push-pulls. pretty damn versatile guitar i've put together. i <3 it.

o and it does have grovers.

C-1 necks are like, strat-like kind of neck. Not bad, but i'm short and skinny, so Id take an RG or S over schecter anyday.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I was at GC just yesterday trying a bunch of different guitars and hands down, the best sounding and playing was a Schecter C1+. Neck is very close to a new strat IMHO. The stock pickups sound very good, full but not overly high output, much like an Alnico II. Very nicely finished too. If I had a spare $550 I might own one. Makes me regret selling the C1 I had a few years ago.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
so would the omen 6 neck be strat like? cause its the one thing i love about strats. i prefer the necks to my rg, but like my rg looks, but prefer schecter looks.
if you're gonna look into an omen, look into the deluxe, the one with the single coil in the neck. the schecters you should really look at are the c-1 plus, elite, and classic, as well as the tempests series. they're awsome.

I have a schecter blackjack, and love the crap out of it, it plays just as good if not better than my 1 grand deluxe strat. go with the schecters, mine has a through body neck which allows for more sustain and i can reach the higher frets a lot easier, and the sound is insane from the seymor duncan humbuckers, i believe one is a JB and the other is a '59, don't quote me tho, you should definately check it out! :]
in oz the c1's are closer to $1500 where th omen is $500

so going an omen.

is the old fixed bridge better for sustain than the newer TOM string through?
neck thickness is about preference, so someone telling you that you need a thin neck is something you should ignore. pick what feels good for you. and omens are one of the best guitars ive played for 300...granted my hellraiser rips it in half, but its also 350 more...but you should get a damien over an omen..its much better
Go get your shovel.
The Schecter neck is glossy, so it doesn't have the broken in feel.

The shape reminds me of a strat, C-shaped and narrow fretboard.

Is it shredable, sure.
mikeman is the omen like that? cause that sounds like exactly what im looking for.
So which schecters have the thinnest necks i.e. closest to an Ibanez RG neck? Just asking because I may be coming into some more money soon
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
So which schecters have the thinnest necks i.e. closest to an Ibanez RG neck? Just asking because I may be coming into some more money soon

from my experience, the C-1 Plus
Why not just get an Ibanez Prestige?! I have one and I love it to death. It doesn't have cheap parts or poor South Korean production methods either *cough shecter does cough*. But seriously though, I had a bad experience of my selector switch snapping because they make them out of potentiometer metal to save money.
well i dont know how friggin hard you were kranking on that switch, but you probably had a bad one of the bunch
Go get your shovel.
Well, I was playing and I went to turn the page and it fell on my knee, but weak metal none the less.
Schecters are amazing guitars. They make real quality necks, you can play real fast on them even the ones without the ultra access. But take it from a guy owns 3 of them, unless it's a C-1 Classic, Hollywood, Hellraiser, or a Blackjack, the rest of Schecters have horrible pickups. Duncan Designs are okay but they wear too quickley. If your gonna get a Schecter other than the ones mentioned, you're best to replace the pickups within a year. Because after that their gonna sound like crap.
Schecter C-1-XXX - Seymour Duncan Jazz/Invader
Schecter A-1 - EMG 81/81
Schecter S-1 - EMG 81/85
Titan Custom Fernandes Ravelle Style

Peavy G-150
Line 6 Spider II 30

Line 6 Constrictor
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Next question. Is the omen 6 FR a better buy for $50 more? It seems to have alnico pups vs diamonds and has a licensed FR.

What are these FR like?

Bass90, would a standard Omen 6 with upgraded pups still be a nice guitar? What pups would be a good choice, evolutions?
Last edited by fiztech at Aug 15, 2006,
Quote by fiztech
Next question. Is the omen 6 FR a better buy for $50 more? It seems to have alnico pups vs diamonds and has a licensed FR.

What are these FR like?

get a damien FR, and swap the HZ's for an 81/85 combo or an 81/60 combo
Go get your shovel.
Damien is WAAAAAAAAY outside my price range unfortunately, and they seem suited to metal mostly.

I dont really want an FR as its the whole reason for selling my ibanez. too lazy come restring time, especially if changing guages. But the Omen 6 FR is not much more than stock Omen 6 for me.
then just go with the omen...but where do you live anyway, around here i can get a damien for 50 more than an omen
Go get your shovel.
Page 1 of 2