Which is the best? I play punk and metal. THe Two Channel? (2210) or the master volume 2203?

I want the hundred watts dont talk me out of it
Quote by llanafreak44
Which is the best? I play punk and metal. THe Two Channel? (2210) or the master volume 2203?

I want the hundred watts dont talk me out of it

...play both and find out for yourself if possible...if thats not possible the single channel one has a better tone IMO...however if you need a clean channell then you will obviously have to get the model with dual channels
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
my personal favorite JCM800's are the 2203's because they are essentially JMP's, but the the 2210's are great as well. For you, I think the 2210 might be better for higher gain stuff
Frankly I think the JCM DSL is probably the better metal amp altogether, lots of gain and more modern voicing. However if you go 800 I'd opt for the 2 channel.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Why do you want the 100 watt version? Do you even know?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Is there that much difference of tone between single and dual channel?
Or is it very subtle
Quote by Archeo Avis
Why do you want the 100 watt version? Do you even know?

clean headroom and i am playing in large stadiums
There's not much clean headroom on 100w JCM800's, especially on the high sensitivity input. but you can get nice cleans on the low sensitivity. Some stages soak up a lot of sound, so its good to always have that little extra in reserve.
Last edited by Gutch220 at Aug 20, 2006,
Anyone know if the differnce between single an dual channel is very minimal? or is it totaly different tone
they have very similar tone but the dual channel 800's have slightly more gain since they have some diodes to help clip the signal. Single channel ones are more vintage sounding
sory to thread jack. I'm about to buy today or tomorrow a JCM 800. one is dual channel 1989 and other there is Single Channel 1985. Both 100W and El34.

I plan to use OD Pedal for yngwie type tone.

Is the tone really that much different between single dual channel?, or is it only slight differnce
Quote by zenjirou
sory to thread jack. I'm about to buy today or tomorrow a JCM 800. one is dual channel 1989 and other there is Single Channel 1985. Both 100W and El34.

I plan to use OD Pedal for yngwie type tone.

Is the tone really that much different between single dual channel?, or is it only slight differnce

Ooo....have you tried out the Malmsteen signature overdrive?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
havn't tried. is it any good?
but going to buy Sobbat Drive Breaker which is beter