I obtained a very cheap guitar from a friend. I think it might be an old fender, cause it has the same neck but it doens't have any writing on it. but I didn't like the color it was and I decided to paint it. I bought some paint from wal-mart. that really expensive paint made by house of color. It was supposed to be a pearl black color. not it's just a kinda flat black, but that's not the problem, the problem is the clear coat. I got my friend to paint it because I can't paint and he did auto body in school so he knows more about it than I do. When he put on the clear coat, he hung it and the top of the guitar is all smooth and shiny but the bottom doen't seem to have been clear coated at all. He put three coats of it on there too.
Quote by t_heff
10 points to anyone who can come up with a good way to mock jesus
The usual thing to do, and the recommended thing i believe, is to do 3 coats a day, for 3 days, and sand in between each 3 coats with very high grit sandpaper.
Quote by Bad-Penny
The usual thing to do, and the recommended thing i believe, is to do 3 coats a day, for 3 days, and sand in between each 3 coats with very high grit sandpaper.

Thanks, I'll try that.
Quote by t_heff
10 points to anyone who can come up with a good way to mock jesus
the question is, did you by paint for a guitar, or paint for walls, your house. lol
The bottom meaning the area near the strap button?

If so, it's no surprise since most people forget to clear that area. So boo-hoo. You're just gonna have to get some more lcear. No biggie.