hi i was gone for a while, but im back, with a question

ok, we might have swtiched to classic rock/rock (ac/dc, guns n' roses) and some 80's thrash (pantera) and our other guitarist has a crap so-out-of-tune-its-broken crate strat copy and he needs a new one (obviously) so he has 200 bucks, he MIGHT go to 300, plz no online orders, so he needs a new guitar for classic rock/rock. ty. oh and he would probably prefer a double-cut (for fret access) but he would do single if he had to. he wants to be able to purchase it at a local store. THANX GUYS!!
hahaha i had that strat copy and sold it. its junk. good luck finding a good classic rock guitar in that price range.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by SuperAnalytical
Hmmm. I would try a used Epiphone G400.

What kind of amp does he have?

he has a godawful crate amp, he doesnt want an sg :X the classic double-cut, classic rock that sux, dont it? he wants an AX, he likes mine, but u can only get GAX's at his price and the necks are like five inches wide at the higher frets

hes not looking for a good one, just one thatll do for like, 2 or so years (we might have a talent show tho, so it cant super-suck)
uh they usually have some good deals at gc and others for uded guitars, look there for agood deal thats where i pick up my goth sg
u can get a used les paul standard(epi) for like 300
I would get the RG321MH in that price range, or a yamaha pacifica, but that'll kill your budget on new pickups and will have no more for a new amp...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^ You might be able to get an Omen 6 in that range, it's double cut (Super strat style). Otherwise I really don't see much, Used Standard Strat?? Your friend needs more money.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Dean Evo.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mudder
Dean Evo.

thats literally online only

!!!OMG!!! theres a dealer 10 mins away from where i live, and they deal godins (me and him LOVE the LG)
Last edited by Arlabester at Aug 14, 2006,
Liek omgz!!!11ONE. Liek. Well. Uhm. Since u guyz liek, liek teh Ell-Gees so mutch. Liek. U culd eech ghet 1. Liek. Mat-ching c0lorz. Lollercopter. Liek.

Seriously though, if he likes the Godin, he should get the Godin. Not half bad guitars.
Quote by SuperAnalytical
Liek omgz!!!11ONE. Liek. Well. Uhm. Since u guyz liek, liek teh Ell-Gees so mutch. Liek. U culd eech ghet 1. Liek. Mat-ching c0lorz. Lollercopter. Liek.

Seriously though, if he likes the Godin, he should get the Godin. Not half bad guitars.

lol i should sig that, notice the only thing i said in that sentence you said was omg...

and i dont want matching colors lol, there is no lg in his price range, thats the problem, he needs a new guitar because he cant practice with it, so he cant keep saving up, which sucks...
You're only going to get **** guitars for 300$. Sorry to say, but that's the truth. If he can bump up to around 400$ he can get a MIM strat. And why does he need a double-cut for fret access? You only need a single cut for that, unless he is going to do "piano board" tapping, which isn't used in classic rock.
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
You're only going to get **** guitars for 300$. Sorry to say, but that's the truth. If he can bump up to around 400$ he can get a MIM strat. And why does he need a double-cut for fret access? You only need a single cut for that, unless he is going to do "piano board" tapping, which isn't used in classic rock.

i know i keep telling him that, but he wont listen (hes relitively new to guitars, ive played for half a year). well the fret access on a les paul is just iffy, thats why we want double-cuts, but u know a single-cut would do too, i'll try to bump him up to 400, do any lg's come at that price? hes dying to get his hands on one
all i can really say is to look for a les paul shaped or possibly PRS doublecut shaped copy, they are some pretty decent, cheap copies floating around
hmmm good point......lol, cant you pick up and epiphone les paul for that kinda money? sorry im not too good on the exchange rates
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
hmmm good point......lol, cant you pick up and epiphone les paul for that kinda money? sorry im not too good on the exchange rates

yeah the best non-elitist (plain top) but i dunno, he might not want a lp, ill ask him
what about a cheap ibanez S series???? The GIO S series, dunno what the model exactly is (OMG J.MitMetallica doesnt know something he should about Ibanez), like GRS or GS you get the idea, arent THAT bad.....maybe.....or a used something else, but tbh i wouldnt bother with used
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join