Tell me... what would you do if you had an Epiphone LP Studio:

Would you:

A) Trade it in and get a Gibson LP Standard
B) Trade it in and get a Gibson LP Studio
C) Keep the Epiphone and put in some Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro pickups?
So you have a price range of ~150$-2000$?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
what the hell kinda question is that, a friggin lp standard, and why are you asking this, that impossible!
C) Pickups, that is the cheapest way to go and probably the best way too
Politcal Correctness is very very wrong
^Cheapest, yes. However, that Gibson LP Standard would probably be the best sounding option.
Quote by RHCP94
if your epi is a good soild piece of wood, and you like everything else about it, then just put some great pickups in it. I did that with my Epi LP standard, and it sounds great with Gibson '57 classics.

if it's only average though, or worse yet, if it sucks, just trade it in and get a new guitar. the LP studio will come with more versatile pickups, but the standard will sound more like a classic Les Paul.
epi's might have alder in the body, which will brighten the guitar.

a2p's are some very very bright pickups, they're meant to balance the warmth and thickness of a large mahogony guitar.

so its up to you what sound you want.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
D.) Keep your Epi, upgrade the pups and then get a Gibson LP Studio if you still aren't happy with the sound.

The Gibson LP Studio and Standard are the same guitar. The differences are cosmetic and the pickups. That's it. Same Honduran Mahogany body, same maple cap, same set mahogany neck, same hardware.

The trade in value on your Epi will only be ~$100. It's a decent guitar, and if you upgrade the pickups in it, it would be a great back-up guitar for your Gibson LP Studio.

So, at $1200 for the Gibson LP Studio, +~$150 for pups for your Epi, You're only at ~$1350. You could put burstbuckers in the Studio AND buy a decent tube combo amp and be at about the same price as the Gibson LP Standard. Then you'd have two good guitars and a good amp. Your rig would be basically complete unless you want effects.

It's an option to think about.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^I agree that it would probably be a good idea to keep the epiphone anyways.

Even if you did not upgrade it, you could save it for a friend/child who is starting. No need to fuel Guitar Center's income for the lousy price they are going to offer you.
Quote by RHCP94
^Exactly. GC will just rip you off. Epi LP Studio's go for $350 new normally, and GC will sell a used one in good condition for $300. Of course, they'll only pay you some miniscule amount and will just cheat you.

Also, it's nice to be agreeing for once, E Daws.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar