Hey, everybody, I'm looking into buying a new axe and need a few suggestions. I play a variety of music from SRV to Pantera, but mostly Blues and Classic Rock. I'm currently playing a Tele so I'm pretty much covered for blues playing but I'd still like a guitar capable of some blues tone. My price range is gonna have to be under $700, so I guess I can't be TOO picky, any advice would be much appreciated.
Quit cryin', you ain't hurt
try a Les paul? since you play bluesy stuff? you can either get a really cheap gibson LP or a really nice epiphone les paul idk... Check out LTD EC series if you wanna get the best deal for 700 bucks man...
Washburn Idol. I can play blues on it then drop-C tune it and play death metal. It is the ultimate cheap variety guitar. I got it for around 700 Canadian.
if u want a les paul get the agile al-3500 prestige and upgrade it a bit...its a lot better than epiphone, even the high end ones
Quote by hobo467
Washburn Idol. I can play blues on it then drop-C tune it and play death metal. It is the ultimate cheap variety guitar. I got it for around 700 Canadian.

He's right. My old guitar teacher had a custom shop Washburn with EMG's (:eek, and it had a suprisingly great clean, but could handle heavy metal riffage and some old-school Hendrixy fuzz. I'd definately go for a Washburn.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Les Pauls FTW. You can play classic rock to blues to death metal on those things.

But, your tone is all in your amp. If you don't like your tone, than just get a new amp instead.