ok i have some crappy acoustic i bought in italy for 70 eoros and it sucks so how much would i have to spend for an ok guitar that can be giged with thanks
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
oh and i play lots of dylan and blue rodeo if that helps
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
Hmmm... as much as you can afford?

I think that would be the appropriate answer.
it doesnt matter how much you spend its what you get
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Quote by 94 hours
it doesnt matter how much you spend its what you get

Hmmm... then I suppose you think the Taylor Big Baby is a good guitar?... Maybe one of the Martin DX series?

You can get a good guitar for around $200.00 give or take.... but for something that will knock your socks off and has a "bragging rights" name to it... you're looking at around $1k and over.... usually.

Look into Alvarez, Yamaha, Washurn.... whatever you can afford.... and if the specs do not say anything other than "solid top"... walk away from it.
a decent one, probably about 200 to 300...

oh, and don't double post. there's an edit button
<Han> I love Hitler
Martin or Taylor would sound best for Dylan and the ballads; Gibson has a strong bass for Creedence "bayou blues". All three brands will work fine for just about anything, but you'll spend a grand or better. Martin laminates are good instruments, i bought one new for $400 and it has been great.