Poll: Choices are:
Poll Options
View poll results: Choices are:
Amp
11 92%
Pickups
1 8%
Voters: 12.
Hi, i have a Fender 15R and Rocktron R50C which my brother owns. i was thinking of getting a better amp to replace the Fender 15R and also getting better pickups for my guitar.
If you were me, which one would you get first?
Amp. A new amp will affect your tone much more than pickups will. Definately a new amp first. BTW don't do what I did and buy an MG for your second amp assuming that Marshall=Good. Go for something high quality, preferably tube.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
I'd say amp, but the choice is yours. I wouldn't really know, to tell you the truth. I have been using the same pickups that came w/ my guitars since day one. I've been using the same amp too. For an amp, a Marshall tube amp is good. If you are on a budget, get a Marshall Valvestate. They emulate the sound of a tube amp and cost less and aren't as heavy as a tube amp, so it's all the warmth, less the hassle. That's what I use. For pickups, I'm not sure. I have a custom Lace guitar w/ Lace humbuckers, and thay company made pickups for Fender in the 80's. So if you have a Fender, buy Lace pickups. If you have anything else, EMG sound good. Hope the info helps.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I'd go for a new amp, b/c an great amp can make a crappy guitar sound decent, but a crappy amp will make the best guitar in the world sound like ****.

Marshall 8240 Valvestate combo from 1986
Crate X15R
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech Screamin' Blues
better get both..!!!!!!!!! coz new amp sounds better with new pickups ;p
I don't drink, don't smoke
don't fly high with dope,
I don't dance, and eventhough I can't sing,
I still can through guitar strings..