Page 1 of 4
br&nizzle
UG Newbie
517 IQ
Wow...Mike Kinsella [Owen] is amazing...

who else is in love with this guys music?

although im not exactly sure it should be in the Pop Punk/Emo section...but w/e

its amazing...
crit my rhymes?:

Lets Get Drunk and Fuck.

Subtle Arrogance

Do you realize, that i can clearly see your clitoris through your jeans?

Quote by Shaepwnsyou
They're very religious, so they have butt sex to save their virginity.
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Really starting to get a little bored of the music these days. He makes nice little melodies and songs, but with the new album coming I'm just expecting it to sound like the others and it doesn't seem like he's trying to go anywhere with it, just write these pretty little acoustic tracks. I still enjoy the music, but can't listen to it the same way I did a couple of years back.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
slinks
Bastard in a Basket
443 IQ
I'm a fan of about everything the Kinsellas do, Owen is no different. Mike is one of the best songwriters around today. I can't seem to track down many albums though, unless I order online.
fenderfreak101
UG Spammer
1,432 IQ
Ja Man.

I was going to make an Owen thread you jerk.

But anyways, Mike Kinsella is probably my favorite singer/songwriter, and everything he does is flawless.

Yay for Kinsellas.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
FatKidsOnMopeds</3
my mind is a birdcage
6,491 IQ
Man, mike is freaking amazing. He's a cutie too. He's so talented but it's ****ing hard playing his **** in standard tuning because he uses those dadfcefefaswe9dik tunings. whatev
ps.
Has anyone heard his new album? I have to say it's totally up to par with everything he's done. Bad news is amazing. If you someone hasnt heard him (at least in owen) and wants to check em out i suggest; dead men don't lie, i'm not going anywhere tonight, most days and most nights, and poor souls. although pretty much any song you get will be sex.
fenderfreak101
UG Spammer
1,432 IQ
Quote by lookingpastsky
i'll never forget when i met him.

super-nice guy.

It's what I've heard

I'm friends with him on Myspace though. HA!
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Unseen_hero
Wooly Mammoth's Absence
243 IQ
Quote by andrewbiles
Really starting to get a little bored of the music these days. He makes nice little melodies and songs, but with the new album coming I'm just expecting it to sound like the others and it doesn't seem like he's trying to go anywhere with it, just write these pretty little acoustic tracks. I still enjoy the music, but can't listen to it the same way I did a couple of years back.

Ya.. his stuff isn't as striking as it was when i first listened to it.

I listen to his s/t the most because there's more space in the songs.. it doesn't have every niche filled with a melody like 'I Do Percieve.'
pmeg568c
UG Spammer
5,502 IQ
i love owen.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
FatKidsOnMopeds</3
my mind is a birdcage
6,491 IQ
Quote by andrewbiles

it's actually really different
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
^ I wouldn't say (from what I've heard of it) that it's really different. The guitar and vocal melodies have all sounded the same as previous work, but he's just put a bit more effort into creating a fuller sound with the latest stuff.
I'll still get it as I'll be interested to hear the whole of the new album, but there's only so much you can take.

He is very good live though if you enjoy the stuff on CD/vinyl.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
br&nizzle
UG Newbie
517 IQ
i Havent heard the newest album yet...im waitng for my friends Bum girlfriend to burn it for me...but im excited!
crit my rhymes?:

Lets Get Drunk and Fuck.

Subtle Arrogance

Do you realize, that i can clearly see your clitoris through your jeans?

Quote by Shaepwnsyou
They're very religious, so they have butt sex to save their virginity.
.:bleednomore:.
133 IQ
Owen is sweeeeet.
My friend ripped me the new album
and i enjoy it very very much
Rabbits?

Quote by Grovermans
why would she suck your dick?

she's not related to you...
PunkRawk1224
first bunny in command :)
43 IQ
Quote by andrewbiles

I definitely agree with that. I used to be absolutely obsessed with mike, but he seems to be writing the same things over and over again. Now don't get me wrong, i think he's a great songwriter and all, but he just gets boring, not because the music itself is boring, cause he's not doing anything new.

I listen to the EP a lot, because the songs actually have some variety goin on.
join bunny club!

Asking for "emo/screamo" bands...
Quote by sgwyldechild
Like Underoath, Stutterfly, Atreyu, that kinda stuff. I dont want something too hardcore and ALL screaming like As I lay Dying.

myspace.com/slydogcandtheslickfingers3
ghettohippygrrl
904 IQ
His new album was leaked earlier this month. I have it. Oh snap.

Quote by FatKidsonMopeds
it's actually really different

Really? No. A little bit? Yes.

It just has more instruments and use of vocals as instrumentation. Same vocal phrasing, guitar riffs, rhythms, progressions, etc. Still has that Owen sound.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Last edited by ghettohippygrrl at Aug 21, 2006,
BumOffBarney
Sex Offender Applicant
584 IQ
Owen is amazinggggggggg
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
PunkRawk1224
first bunny in command :)
43 IQ
New songs up on his myspace.
join bunny club!

Asking for "emo/screamo" bands...
Quote by sgwyldechild
Like Underoath, Stutterfly, Atreyu, that kinda stuff. I dont want something too hardcore and ALL screaming like As I lay Dying.

myspace.com/slydogcandtheslickfingers3
sponj
UG Monkey
1,243 IQ
Sorry to revive a really old thread but I couldn't help it.

the other day a friend borrowed me all of his OWEN stuff and I freaking love it, it's a bit monotonous but it's still brilliant.

His songs seem to have different effects on me, I was skateboarding listening to him and started feellin' lazy and kinda sad; then I sat down and the world seemed beautifully depressing ;_;
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
sponj
UG Monkey
1,243 IQ
take care of yourself is a brilliant song
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Guitarist132
sam
1,093 IQ
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
I think owen is pretty boring. But I do very much respect his guitar playing.

It does get a little monotonous, its not something I could listen to on a regular basis.

But when i listen to it that once in a while its amazing..I wish i could play guitar like taht and sing to it.
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
saxaxe
UG Resident
3,106 IQ
I loooooove Owen. Unfortunately, Im broke and can't get any cds. Anyone care to PM me an album?
The Sad Waltzes of Pietro Crespi is amazing. I love the guitar part.

*bump*
the_astronaut
's name is Rylan.
1,699 IQ
I freaking love Owen at the moment. I can imagine myself listening to it a hell of a lot this summer. I'm gonna buy an album of his as soon as I get paid.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
I've been listening to him and watching the rain. It's been a good day
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
saxaxe
UG Resident
3,106 IQ
Quote by element4433

Emo bastard
jk jk of course.
So anyone wanna get on PMing me an album? Or a link to a torrent? I tried google.
Which album would you recommend most?
Paris_In_Flames
Like Speed 2 but on a bus
1,215 IQ
Owen is all I've been listening to lately. I don't know why I've never seen the greatness of him before. and I just learned the sad waltzes of pietro crespi, such a good song to play. At Home With Owen and I Do Perceive are great.
saxaxe
UG Resident
3,106 IQ
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
Owen is all I've been listening to lately. I don't know why I've never seen the greatness of him before. and I just learned the sad waltzes of pietro crespi, such a good song to play. At Home With Owen and I Do Perceive are great.

I learned that today too haha. A lot of fun to play.
Love_Buzz
An Elusive Joi
382 IQ
Quote by element4433

I did that with Postal Service except it was snow and I was outside.
Anyway I've got "I Do Perceive" and that's great stuff. I love pretty much everything I've heard of the Kinsellas.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
I wish I could watch the snow
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown