Ok just got done with this one. Havent played it in forever! Great Pink Floyd song though I KNow I messed up on Mercelessly(sp) Can never get that right...Is that even a real word???lol anyway crit for crit as always.
http://guitarman4040.dmusic.com/
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
Im not sure If ive heard this originally...

I like the guitar work, especially at the start(the cool sliding thing it does at the start and 3:30ish)... Good vocals as usual
Do you record this playing and singing at the same time?
Work to live, not live to work.
love your vocals, sound very professional and well mixed with the guitar. would love to know your reverb settings, (given that is the effect what you've got on there?) you've got quite an indie sounding voice, sounds fantastic against the acoustic. excellent work again.
Thanks for the crits guys!! Ill try to crit everyone eles stuff sometime today/tonight.
Anyway yes I play and sing at the same time on this one as well as most of my others..unless Im trying to put another vocal in the mix. As for my reverb settings to be honest Im not totaly sure My PA is up at the cabin my band practices at so when I record at home it goes straight to my mixer(that doesnt have reverb,crap) so the reverb was added post production in Audition using the Studio Reverb effect. Thats why the effect coats both the guitar and the vocals. Not much I could do about that without recording the guitar and vocals separatley, which I didnt feel like taking the time to do that last night..
Anyway thanks again!

Tuning: G - g - d - g - b - d
Open G tuning except for the G tuned UP just a hair instead of down to the D. Try it out sometime.
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
Last edited by dcoyle4040 at Aug 15, 2006,
Check out my cover with atrocious vocals. Oh and did you know this song is in open G tuning? It sounds like you had normal tuning. That's not how you play it. Anyways, here is my cover, I'm not trying to hijack your thread so don't think that.

http://jjk11.dmusic.com

As for a crit, your cover was good but again, I don't think you were playing it correctly.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp