Well I'm planning on spending around $1000 AUD on a new guitar. I'm looking for something that sounds metal-ish and sounds good in dropped tuning. Also looking for a nice/interesting shape.
So any recommendations in this price range?

thanks
I'd recommend Vintage the
VW-5000-SWB

(VW5000, Metal Axxe, Warp) Electric Guitar - Vintage White

specs are:

- Body: Eastern Poplar
- Neck: Maple ? Set Neck
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale: 25.5"/648mm
- Frets: 24
- Neck Inlays: Pearloid Dot/ Vintage 12th
- Tuners: Wilkinson® WJ07
- Vibrato: Floyd Rose® Double Locking (Two way whammy bar)
- Pickups: Wilkinson® Double Coil x 2 (N)WMSH (B)WMSH (Dual Humbuckers give a thick sound especially with gain)
- Hardware: Satin Black
- Controls: 1 x Volume/ 1 x Tone/ Super 5-Way Lever

And at 393 AUD it's in ur price range. I've labeled some of the stuff because i dont know how much u know about gtars lol so dont feel insulted if I seem like im patronising you! Google it to find a pic it's quite an interesting body design aswell.

Hope it helps
Quote by apc--ibanez
Well I'm planning on spending around $1000 AUD on a new guitar. I'm looking for something that sounds metal-ish and sounds good in dropped tuning. Also looking for a nice/interesting shape.
So any recommendations in this price range?

thanks

A good Ibanez RG would be cool I guess...perhaps not the most interesting, but still cool! And a fantastic guitar...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
+1 on the RG
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
only RG you can get is the RG370DX/ RG350DX so no. unless you find a used RG570 over ebay which can happen. and really dont know what you can have besides a Ibanez RG321MH and with spare change get EMG's installed but ts what amp do you use as well?
I'd say SZ320 - mahogany string-thru with HH, comfy, pretty. Changing tunings isn't an issue, the tone is deep, and it ought to leave enough money for a pup swap (I think).
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Ibanez S470.

- HSH
- Mahogany
- ZR Trem (which is supposed to be extremely good)
- Wizard II neck
lulzor
metal elitism
Quote by Lucr3tia
Ibanez S470.

- HSH
- Mahogany
- ZR Trem (which is supposed to be extremely good)
- Wizard II neck

thats a bit over the budget
You'd probably like to change tunings so i'd say +1 on the SZ and +1 on RG321MH. Personally i'd go for an SZ for better sustain and simplicity but if you think 2 frets make any differences, then go ahead for the RG.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic