Okay, I'm planning on gettin a new guitar sometime soon. I want either a gibson SG or Les Paul, but I can't figure out which one to get. I lie the look and feel of the SG but I like the sound of the les paul a lot more. Also feel free to suggest other guitars also, but I'd prefer to have one of these so please help me out.
"No man ever won a war by dying for his country, he did so by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
I would get a LP without question
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Yo be perfectly honest i hate SG's. Yes, their sound isn't bad but they are way too top heavy for me to play comfortably and with ease. Les Pauls have great tone and sustain. But just be carefull which one you get. I assume you are looking at the Studio model as that is around the same price range as a SG? If you can afford it get a LP Standard, much better hardware etc.
well if you prefer the sound of a les paul then thats where the money is isnt it?

i agree wtih mlbaxter89, save up for a standard

Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by milla da killa
Okay, I'm planning on gettin a new guitar sometime soon. I want either a gibson SG or Les Paul, but I can't figure out which one to get. I lie the look and feel of the SG but I like the sound of the les paul a lot more. Also feel free to suggest other guitars also, but I'd prefer to have one of these so please help me out.

It all depends on what style you play. SG's have a quicker neck and are easier to play generally, but you also have to take weight, tone, and construction of the instrument into consideration. If you prefer the sound of a Les Paul, then that's what you should go with. But just remember to consider all of the factors that go into what kind of guitar you're playing before you make a purchase.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness