I've got a Highway 1 Strat with the standard pick ups in it. They give a great strat sound, but I was thinking of putting Hot Noiseless Pick ups in it. Are these too powerful to keep that classic Strat sound?

Let me know.

Craig
New pick ups mean new sound dude. I lifted this from a site I found.

Perceived output level: Hotter than stock pickups
Tone: Warmer than the stock pickups, but has slightly less 'sparkle' as well
Sonic evaluation: I am running these pickups in a Japanese Squire through a Fender Blues Deluxe and a Marshall DSL100 head through a JCM900 1960A cab loaded with Celestion G12-T75's.

For which styles and positions is this pickup (un)suitable: These pickups are great for classic rock and blues, even old metal.

As you can see the new pickups will give it a 'warmer' sound while reducing the treble. Which implies to me that it'll make it more of a rythm gtar than a lead. It entirly your choice n this is just my opinion but i think it would suit a strat.
Thanks dude, it was as I figured, but the stock pick ups on the highway 1 are nice, and classic sounding, I just would like a bit more power when punching some overdrive.

having said that I was just widling with some blues stuff and I like the sound again! Perhaps time to buy another guitar....."Honey, ahve we got some excess dollars?"....SFX - sound ot large piece of wood hitting guitarists head.........I guess the answer is no right now.

Thanks anyways!