Aight, I'm a noob when it comes to all this...But I'm thinking, I've had this Fender Squier Bullet Strat for a while, and this Fender Frontman 15G amp...But...When I play with even a slight amount of gain, it buzzes like a mother****er...And when I try to turn it up loud enough to compete with my friends drums...It gives this totally awful screeching sound, so I end up turning it back down...Only to be drowned out by the drums again. This is seriously affecting our practice situations. I've tried running it through his dads amp (not entirely sure what its for...Not guitar though.) And it still sounds like crap.

I don't exactly have a lot of cash, and we're getting our asses kicked cause we can't practice well. So what are some ways to resolve this problem? I'm thinking of getting a new guitar, but then, that would not aid me in being able to increase the loudness...So I think, get a new amp...But the sound would not be so great. We play just normal rock I suppose, nothing special, so I guess sound type isn't a big problem yet. But does anyone know why it buzzes like this? And also, what would be a good way to go in my situation. I'm in need of a good amp that is going to perform good in practices, but have no clue what to look for...I'm totally hopeless at the technology side of guitar...Beh...

Thanks a bunch for even reading this crap.
Try borrowing a lead off someone, when my kit buzzes its normally my leads. If that sorts it it is just £6/$11 lead so get that replaced. If that doesnt sort it try finding someone with an amp u can use for like 10 seconds, check with ur local gtar shop maybe... if that sorts it u need a new amp but u only need like 10 watts to compete with a drum kit tbh. If THAT doesnt sort it its gotta be gtar m8. Chances are you dont need to replace it, its probably ur input jack. If you know someone who has knowledge of electronics get them to check the input jack. If the input jack is fine then the pick ups are the next stop Check the wiring ect if they r shot then depending on the quality of ur gtar u my want to replace the pick ups or buy a new gtar.

Hope this helps
The buzz is because you have single coil pickups.

But trust me, get a new amp. Believe it or not, the amp is where most of your tone comes from, usually around 70%.
a new amp would improve your sound a lot more than a new guitar would mate, or so I hear different sides from different folks..

anyways give us a bugdet so you can help us help you
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
Quote by Danno13
The buzz is because you have single coil pickups.

But trust me, get a new amp. Believe it or not, the amp is where most of your tone comes from, usually around 70%.

So is this incredibly annoying buzz going to stick no matter what I do?

I am looking at a Line6 amp found here:

http://www.rockshop.co.nz/04/shop/product-full-page.php?code=LISPIDERII15

I'm not sure whether to go with a 15 watt or go a bit up and get a 30 watt, or even 75 watt. Money is sort of an issue, but I am going to be saving up for sometime regardless of what I choose to buy.
Quote by b0xD
So is this incredibly annoying buzz going to stick no matter what I do?

I am looking at a Line6 amp found here:

http://www.rockshop.co.nz/04/shop/product-full-page.php?code=LISPIDERII15

I'm not sure whether to go with a 15 watt or go a bit up and get a 30 watt, or even 75 watt. Money is sort of an issue, but I am going to be saving up for sometime regardless of what I choose to buy.

or you could change pickups. if you have cheap single coils, you just are gonna get that buzz
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

dont get the Spider, get a Vox Valvetronix series, TONNES more versatile, better quality sound cos there is a tube in the pre-amp, and theyre about the side prive
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
the vox valvetronix amps have noise gates on them dont they danno? surely that would kill most of the buzz
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
why you asking him?? yes they do, and yes bit would, and they are adjustable.

{eDIT: oops, i get it, you werent, lol, sorry }
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join