few years ago i bought a fatrat fr15 amp forr an old encore junior guitar. i cant remember if it used to hum like this before i gave up, but about 6 months ago i started playing again and the amp made a horrible sharp buzzing noise through the amp. i bought a new ESP guitar, and the amp makes less of a buzz. i am getting a new amp soon, and i am hoping this will eliminate my problem, but is there any way of testing if the humming is my pickups fault or my amps fault? tahnks.
what kind of pick ups do you have?
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
The LH-100 pups aren't very noisy. I use one as a neck pup in my MH-50 and it's never buzzed more than any other stock pup. I'd say it's a just a wiring/grounding issue within the amp. Those little practice amps tend to hold together pretty loosely. I wouldn't worry about the guitar, just hurry up and get the new amp.
im really not sure about those.
seeing as they are humbuckers i dont think they have anything to do with the buzz.

BUT i think you should go to your local music store and plug your guitar into a different amp and see if it buzzes, just to be sure.

what amp are you looking at?
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
well, im getting a Crate amp fro free off a freind, and ive seen him play on it recently and its damn good for a cheap, but thats with his £400 ibanez so i dunno how my £200 ESP will sound. im gonnna buy a newer better amp after i get a bit better at playing on the one im getting i dunno what. OH YEAH i just remembered there is absoloutely no hum on clean, but hwen i enable distortion is when it comes in. that might help.
Last edited by ewanmac at Aug 14, 2006,