I kinda need to know how to memorize scales.. erm.. what note comes first then where to put my fingers afterwards. I can't understand the lesson highvoltage posted on the lessons(Scales for beginners). Please, i want to get out of this blackhole. Help would be greatly appreciated. Treat me as a beginner.
Well, for memorization, I'd say just practice, practice, practice. Just print out a copy of the scale you want, and then start working on that. Just play up and down until you have it memorized. Also, I'd recommend starting with the major scale.
Just memorise the shape e.g.
Major Scale
|-X-|-R-|---|-X-|---|
|---|-X-|---|-X-|---|
|-X-|---|-X-|-X-|---|
|-X-|---|-X-|-R-|---|
|-X-|-X-|---|-X-|---|
|---|-R-|---|-X-|---|

Do you understand this diagram? If so then you're rolling, I memorised 8 shapes of the major scale in a week. Once you've learned the shapes, you can see how they fit together and you are able to play in any key anywhere on the neck of your guitar.
I learned scales from diagrams like the one above; once you get it down, it's easy. As for which note you start with, if you're doing major scales, the first note you play (called the 'root note') is the name of the scale...for example, if you're starting the pattern with an A, it's an A Major scale you're doing. Once you get the pattern down, you can move it all over the neck.
The important thing to remember about scales is the pattern of intervals. An interval is the distance between one note and another, and is usually measures in steps and half-steps. On the guitar, one half-step is equal to one fret, and a whole step is two frets.

The major scale intervals are: Root-Whole-Whole-Half-Whole-Whole-Whole.
The minor scale intervals are: R-W-H-W-W-H-W.

Once you get the hang of that, you'll be able to see how the pattern works...which mean's you'll be able to apply it anywhere, in any key, with any root. It's a lot easier than it sounds, just stick with it!
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
Are you familiar where the different notes are on the fretboard? Then if you have trouble memorizing the scales by position, try memorizing them by the notes. Remember, you can play any scale just on one string if you want.

BB
ಥ_ಥ
do u know the modes
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
I just started playing 3 weeks ago. I first learned a few scales with the help of a different site.

This page Beginner Chromatic Scale shows an introduction to scales.

It is very easy to follow and I caught on first try.

If you go on through the lessons they teach you different scales.

Hope this helps