ive been looking for a new guitar now for a while and i came across the RG321.
from the reviews ive read it sounds a very good guitar.
anyone had any experience with it? & could i get a better guitar for £200? ($380)
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
My experience with it was overally positive (for the price), and I don't think there's a better alternative for a 24 fret HH superstrat in that price range.

I had to do some screwdriver and setup work with it once I got it out of the box, but not enough to warrant any complaining considering how much I paid for it.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
is the Wizard II neck as good as its said to be?

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Wizard II is a comfortable neck, it's thin and flat, and it has a satin finish, so your hand glides on it effortlessly. If thinner necks is your thing, it's hard to beat WII for that budget.

Quote by azn_guitarist25
and pifty hows the EMG's in the S470

Explosive. Exactly like they're supposed to be - bright and clear (don't confuse with clean). Honestly, I loved the SA, but got bored of 81/85 quickly. Didn't include that in the review cos' tone is in the ears of the... beholder? Thinking of SA set for my ESP now, though.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
well different people prefer different necks but hey its oiled so you know it could be smooth
Good guitar, neck isnt too thick or too thin, its just nice. The only bite it needs are new pickups coz the INFs will tend to get boring quite fast. Dont get me wrong though, it can get the job done but you cant go too far with it.

Get 'em Dimarzio'd~
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Good guitar, neck isnt too thick or too thin, its just nice. The only bite it needs are new pickups coz the INFs will tend to get boring quite fast. Dont get me wrong though, it can get the job done but you cant go too far with it.

Get 'em Dimarzio'd~

i were thinking a DiMarzio Breed Neck & SH-4 Invader bridge

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
AFAIK, invaders are overrated, and they arent that good, i dunno how actually to put it but its not what i expected. You should probably get a JB instead or simply another Dimarzio, but IMHO SD sounds good on mahogany, Marty Friedman uses SD design too in his Ibanez MFM1.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
the RG321MH is quite simply the best guitar you can get for under £200. 24 jumbo frets, mahogany body, wizard II neck, and a nice fixed bridge, unlike most other Ibanez guitars in that price range (which usually have either a crappy floating bridge, or a cheap FR-style bridge)
I got my RG321MH for $280, not $380?

Anyways, great guitar. I think I'm going to sell mine soon though and get a Schecter. I'd say definately go with the RG321MH. Awesome neck, it's perfect. Gotta change the pickups though. I put in a Dimebucker and it's not bad. Personal preferance though. I'd say go with EMGs.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
ive read a lot of reviews saying the pickup/input screws come loose a lot :/
is this true? if so how much of a problem is it?
also how good is it with dropped tunings?

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Nah, the ones that come from the factory doesnt have this, however the ones that come from a GC may have this since god knows what they or the testers did on this guitar. Drop tune just fine, its a fixed, no problem at all.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yeah, I've never had any problems like that with my nez. It handles drop tunings just fine. I had it in C for a while.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
sick, thanks guys
i think ima sell my brother to get one

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by im_atheist
sick, thanks guys
i think ima sell my brother to get one

i'll buy your brother how good is he as a personal foot rest nah but yeh good choice you arent going to regret but just make sure that everything is comfortable to you
I just got the mahogony one, and it plays like a dream. The action was high from the factory, but i have a shop that does excellent setups. The action is extremely low right now, and no buzzes on the first fret. The 19-24 frets on the high e b and g strings play like magic.
which do you think is best not taking price into account Epiphone G400 SG/ Ibanez RG321MH?
Ibanez without a doubt
i cant stand SG's they're appaling and even worse when its made by epiphone

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70