I just kinda started wondering about this after i got done watching the shred masterclass video, which was about kirk hammets soloing style and the techniques that he uses. Does anyone know the techniques trivium use when they solo? i know they prefer to use the major scale. alot of the times its just really fast scale runs, or something like a 1-3,2-4,3-5,4-6, etc. note variation from the scale. can anyone help me out here?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Umm...they like the minor scale, not the major scale.

they use the modes, therefore major scale, but they do use aeolian, so i guess technically we're both right.
Quote by Afi_rocker_91
they use the modes, therefore major scale, but they do use aeolian, so i guess technically we're both right.
No. E Aeolian is not G major. They have the same notes, but they are different. I am right, you are wrong, but now you know the correct information, so that's good.
i know they use a lot of sextuplets, like 6 note groups
Ibanez SAS32
Yamaha ERG121
Marshal 10CD
Zoom GFX1
Line 6 echo park
Line 6 uber metal
Quote by Afi_rocker_91
I just kinda started wondering about this after i got done watching the shred masterclass video, which was about kirk hammets soloing style and the techniques that he uses. Does anyone know the techniques trivium use when they solo? i know they prefer to use the major scale. alot of the times its just really fast scale runs, or something like a 1-3,2-4,3-5,4-6, etc. note variation from the scale. can anyone help me out here?

Where can i wath the shred masterclass video????????????????