I have an Ibanez SA160 and I'm really bored of it so I was looking at getting opions on the best guitar I could get for that kind of priced, probably using ebay.
well search through ebay.....dont think anyone else on here would be willing to do your donkey work for u
Gear:
LTD EC-50 w/ EMG HZ H4's
Maverick F-3
Digitech Metal Master
Boss CE-5
Marshall MG10CD
I guess it depends on what kind of sound/feeling you wan't to get from it.
its ebay.....for all you know there could be a '61 sg goin for 130 cos some guy has no clue about guitars lol. ya never know...just trawl through the site to see what you can find
Gear:
LTD EC-50 w/ EMG HZ H4's
Maverick F-3
Digitech Metal Master
Boss CE-5
Marshall MG10CD
If your looking up to £300 there's some nice guitars but your unlikely to get a very good les paul for under £250

what shape do you like
what do you play
do you want a trem - a floyd rose could set your budget back a bit

For £200 i'd recommend a yamaha pacifica. It'sa very nice guitar considering it's price and can handle almost anything as it's an SSH strat i play it with a church band which needs a mellow light tone but i also play some heavy metal on it too Iron maiden metallica etc. it's not perfect for them but it does a good job and would be better if i wasn't running it through a 15w peavey most of the time

EDIT: the yamaha was £200 new used it would be a lot less and used less pauls can easily be found for under £250. i didn't see the USED bit
Last edited by doive at Aug 14, 2006,
For around that much you can get an Omen 6 by Schecter. Much better than any "Ibenaz"
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by cubedeathk
For around that much you can get an Omen 6 by Schecter. Much better than any "Ibenaz"

That just made me laugh. So the omen 6 is better is a multi-thosand dollor decidly high end Ibanez?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
your spelling is horrid.
Originally posted by sprkidjar
Sounds pretty good. The bass sounds weird. The vocals were good, except for the part where you screamed, you sounded like Elmo.
Quote by zekk
That just made me laugh. So the omen 6 is better is a multi-thosand dollor decidly high end Ibanez?

Of course not fool its much better than all the things in its price range, and then several others far beyond its price range. Dont be silly.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by cubedeathk

Then don't use the word any. Ever. You fail. Shut up. End of Story.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
cubedeathk just got pwned by zekk.

anyway ts what amp do you use? and what music genre do you play? a guitars thats highly regarded in this sence is the Ibanez RG321MH of course there are some pacifica's that are great as well