Got a little bit of a daft question here, but i have been thinkin bout it for a while. Is there a pedal of some sort that can change a distorted amp to clean? Bit noobish i know, but am quite curious about it.
Gear:
LTD EC-50 w/ EMG HZ H4's
Maverick F-3
Digitech Metal Master
Boss CE-5
Marshall MG10CD
Most amps that have a distorted channel have a clean channel anyways. Do you mean a pedal that allows you to control your amp, but still useing the onboard distortion?
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
footswitch??
cnages from the 2 (or more) channels on the amplifier
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
U could set ur amp to clean and use a pedal for distortion. Or is ur amp freaky and not have clean already? if that's the case I think there is a pedal for cleanish or jazzyish but im not sure if its what you need or not
a pedal that can change a distorted amp to clean. total reverse of a distortion pedal. Cos the amp im goin for doesnt have a footswitch, and i play with distortion pretty much all the time

EDIT: The amp im goin for has way better distortion than my pedal....its a laney you see..
Gear:
LTD EC-50 w/ EMG HZ H4's
Maverick F-3
Digitech Metal Master
Boss CE-5
Marshall MG10CD
im not sure that is possible because the pedal would before the amp, so the signal would be "cleanified" before the amp but distorted again at the amp....maybe its time for a new amp, not just a pedal

edit: unless your amp has send/return loop, then i dont know how it would work
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Last edited by timmEH at Aug 14, 2006,
Oh your just talking about a pedal to control the onboard distortion. does the model amp make one? You could just ask the guys at the music store to order one for you. I am not sure if there is just a generic pedal to control your onboard distortion.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
nah not a pedal to control the distortion...that would be a footswitch im guessin....the amp im goin for doesnt have a footswitch....but im guessin its a bit of a farfetched idea. now that i think it through i see that it was a bit daft lol. cheers anyway ppl
Gear:
LTD EC-50 w/ EMG HZ H4's
Maverick F-3
Digitech Metal Master
Boss CE-5
Marshall MG10CD
if it's hot a huge amount of gain you're playing with, have you tried rolling off the volume to clean it up some? It's tube overdrive right?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids