if you have

-------
--7---
--7----
--9---
-------
------

do you play just those three strings? Im confused cause there are no X's indicating to deaden any strings or O's to play the other strings open...
yes, unless it shows otherwise, then just play whats written. if they want you to play open strings theyll put the 0's in. if they want you to deaden the strings they'll put X's in. basically just play whats written.

oh well atleast this wasnt another thread asking if you should alternate pick.
Quote by Afi_rocker_91
oh well atleast this wasnt another thread asking if you should alternate pick.
Oh, God. Anyone who posted in that thread after me should be shot.
ok well to make it easier I would figure out a way to deaden the open strings so its easier to just hit those three notes while i strum going up n down...would that be ok? it wuld be kind of hard to hit those three notes in the center without hitting another string by mistake...
That sounds fine. That what I do when i play power chords, I try hit those three strings but I have the other ones muted just in case so I don't have to worry about strumming, Im sure lots of people do that
nah it just takes time. the only time i have to deaden strings around something when i play it is when i play octaves.

edit: you dont need to be strumming the other six just those three. so after you hit those three stop your wrist and then strum again in the opposite direction.
Last edited by Afi_rocker_91 at Aug 14, 2006,
Quote by Unreal T
ok well to make it easier I would figure out a way to deaden the open strings so its easier to just hit those three notes while i strum going up n down...would that be ok? it wuld be kind of hard to hit those three notes in the center without hitting another string by mistake...
I don't think it's great technique, but that's what I do when I play the beginnng of "Invaders" by Maiden. I finger the power chord, mute the other strings, and strum all 6 rather quickly.
Quote by Unreal T

its called practice