This is kind of a stupid question, and I probably could have gone into a different topic to ask it but I figured, What the heck?

When fingure plucking with the bass does the index finger go on the smallest string or the largest string, and do the other fingers just fall onto the other string when you set your index finger?????
niether. on bass u only play with ur first 2 fingers, and they can go on any string and should be constantly alternating so they have no time to rest anywhere
u cant spell slaughter without laguhter!

Quote by drew
look, lets not go into who drunk-called who, who threw what at who, or who put what in the freezer
Quote by eells
niether. on bass u only play with ur first 2 fingers, and they can go on any string and should be constantly alternating so they have no time to rest anywhere

Well, not always with two fingers as I'm sure you probably know.

As you get better, you might want to start to play bass with 3 or four fingers. It takes practice to wake up that idle finger though. Some people might want to play with a pick to get a certain tone. Playing with a pick is looked down upon sometimes, but imo, you shouldn't be afraid to learn with a pick.

Bassists should also be able to produce a variety of sounds, and playing with a pick is just another technique to achieve a certain sound.
the bass world is starting to accept pick players more and more. personally i prefer the tone a pick gives me. u can play with more than 2 fingers.normally the index is on the top string (E on a 4 string bass)

oh, and chuck norris puts back the laughter in manslaughter
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot