I just recently started playing guitar (3 weeks ago), and my 6 year old son wants to learn really bad too.

I don't want him to touch my guitar but I definately want him to learn.

Heres the guitar I had in mind:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_squier_mini_strat_electric_guitar?full_sku=102091261

Its a Mini Squier Strat. It's only $90 so if he loses interest or something I am not out too much money.

It looks just like my guitar so I am thinking this is perfect for him.

If anybody thinks otherwise please post here because I don't really know a whole lot about guitar brands yet.
looks fine for a 6 year old to play
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
Your son should be able to learn on that guitar no problem at all, go for it =)
Quote by ibanez901
I brush my pubal forest into a combover.
if you would like...maybe a small scaled down version on an acoustic. most people learn on an acoustic and it teaches patience and such..then again hes 6 years old. the guitar u picked is good, make him play it u know see if his fingers are good...otherwise a nice cheap nylon is great too!
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
Some kids his age have surprised me! Go for it.

Avoid the Mel Bay series of books, though. They are too difficult and are really written at an adult level.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

you are a cool dad!
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
nice guitar............i think i might get on of those for my little sister.........u could consider these guitars.......they r a little more money but they r ibanez......u should consider..... http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=67&TempID=8&STRID=205455&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=1380&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=6&DepartmentID=1&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=
squiers are great guitars for beginners. My (second, but first serious) guitar was a squier strat and i loved it, and to some degree I still do today (although i much prefer my latest - low budget guitar ).

There designed to be easy to play, from the neck to the body.
Good luck to your son, and to you
Been away, am back
good idea, just repeating what's already said, you get really good and then make him good, and in like 6 years you can have a father/son band. rock on
what ever you do DO NOT buy a sonny learners guitar it is really really bad u cant even get it to tune properly!!
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
now that you are getting him a guitar...always encourage him blablabla im sure you know! i wish i had learned guitar when i was 6!
Quote by kiefermatot
Looks like a good idea to me.

And like you said - If he looses insterest, you didn't waste much money.

also if he looses interest, you can sell it on ebay or craigslist.
Gear:
-Brownsville BMAG3 (acoustic)
-Fender 70s Reissue 60th anniversary Stratocaster
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-Roland Digital Piano HP-4500
-(other stuff)
Yes, the Mini Squier Strat is a great choice for new, young players. Rock on daddy, you sound like one cool 'rent.
Quote by lespaul_rentals
Yes, the Mini Squier Strat is a great choice for new, young players. Rock on daddy, you "sound" like one cool 'rent.

Well I hope your not referring to my guitar sounds cause if I posted my playing here I would get flamed to hell and back then to hell and back again,.

But I am getting better and that's all that matters.

Anyways yeah my dad sucked and I want to be "all I can be" as far as a father goes and hopefully you all hear my son play about 10 years from now.
Quote by Domaru
Well I hope your not referring to my guitar sounds cause if I posted my playing here I would get flamed to hell and back then to hell and back again,.

But I am getting better and that's all that matters.

Anyways yeah my dad sucked and I want to be "all I can be" as far as a father goes and hopefully you all hear my son play about 10 years from now.

I wish you luck as well. Post some recordings sometime.

Good luck to your son too.
at six years old your son is trying to emulate you so if you have a fender than it will be perfect for him but if not you should try to find a 3/4 sized guitar that looks like yours and it will make him want to play more well as long as you play often he will play more
Quote by sethrow
at six years old your son is trying to emulate you so if you have a fender than it will be perfect for him but if not you should try to find a 3/4 sized guitar that looks like yours and it will make him want to play more well as long as you play often he will play more

Not exactly a fender but It's pretty close as far as looks

Click on the link in my sig to see the guitar I am talking about