Right, well currently I have the Ibanez RG321MH and I've been playing close to 2.5-3 years, so I think it's time for an upgrade. I play mostly metal and death metal.

I've been looking into Schecters. They're very beautiful guitars. I've been really looking at the C-1+, but the neck is a lot different than the RG321, thicker I think. It'd be a jump for sure. So I guess what my main question would be, are there any Schecters with thinner necks than the C-1+? Or should I just get used to the neck of the C-1+? Try to keep the price under $600.

My other question is, if not Schecter, then what brand should I go for? Jacksons are nice, but are there any nice ones under $600?
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
The Scgecters would (probally) be killer, but (I) find there necks to be a little thick in my humble opinion. But only having played one for 10 or 15 minutes I really can't say more then that.

What AMP do you have, first off?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Crate RFX120. I'm not looking for an amp, I'm fine on mine for a while.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
I'd really advise you get a smaller tube amp and a Overdrive pedal before anything else. The amp is the biggest effector of your tone.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
i heard tht of all the schecters, the C-1+ has the best neck for shredding but every schecter has a neck thin enuff to do some wild stuff. i plan on getting a hellraiser but the only thing stopping me is i cant decide if i want the black or cherry lol
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
I've thought about it, but I'm concerned with my guitar, not the amp. Once again, I'm fine with my amp.

EDIT: ^Go with the cherry dude, that's a sexy looking guitar. Bit out of my price range though.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Definitely check out the Ibanez S470. The Zero Point tremolo is supposed to be amazing and it's mahogany. It's also HSH, which is a huge plus. The Wizard II neck is supposed to be one of the thinnest ones out there.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-2005-S470-Electric-Guitar-?sku=519969

It's the only guitar I've looked at to this date and said "Holy ****, this is exactly what I want." Hope to be getting it for Christmas >_>
lulzor
metal elitism
Last edited by Lucr3tia at Aug 14, 2006,
That's a nice looking guitar ^ I'm not worried about having a tremolo though. I'll check out the S series however.

EDIT: This looks like a nice guitar however. If my local Guitar Center carries this then I'm checking this out for sure.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Last edited by ibaRGnez321 at Aug 14, 2006,