http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3769277298531412776&q=buying+a+guitar

do you believe this guy?!?!! at the end he says when people ask him what the most important factor in buying a guitar is,he says how it looks!

im willing to bet that guy bought a bc rich warlock lol
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
i think he means it has too look apealing because looks do affect motivation. he says that if its hideous chances are when u are starting out you will quickly quit because you arent interested but if it looks good then you might be more prone to picking it up and practicing.
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
it definately isnt the deciding factor tho
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
yea, but he isnt really saying it is...if i had a fender strat...i wouldnt wanna play it because i think they look like crap...however a jackson....just looking at it makes me want to play it all day
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
haha that guy has the coolest voice ever.
well i think that would depend the MOST to a noob, because when you start off you have no definition of tone, so what would be the point of searching for that for your first guitar?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I'm sure he didn't honestly mean that to be the most importent factor, but this was aimed at beginners not people that have been playing for 2-3 years or more, afterall motivation is a big factor for guitar.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
One of the most useless videos I've ever seen. I could'nt understand half of what he was saying.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
no no...he's saying that to you its gotta look good. When you walk into your room you dont wanna see some ugly piece of **** in the corner of your room...

Are you saying that you've never seen a guitar that just screams "Play me!"?
I agree with him...but not that its the most important thing. I think its very important, but functionality does come before looks in my book
Quote by Anything Goes
I'm sure he didn't honestly mean that to be the most importent factor, but this was aimed at beginners not people that have been playing for 2-3 years or more, afterall motivation is a big factor for guitar.

I guess motivation to the people here thinking he sucks and is a noob and been playing for 2-3 years are low, crappy, and nothing-to-do-at-house people that have nothing to do but b*tch about everything.

Agreing with other people here.....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.