I have been haing trouble with the action on my Les Paul since I got it. Its one of the cheep ones so I didn't expect it to be perferct. I have the manual that says what the action is sappose to be but, I don't know what you would use to measure the action. I'm a beginner with guitars and didn't know if I needed a special tool to measure the action. I live out in the middle of nowhere so I don't have acess to a guitar pro. Thank you for any help you can give.
ummm well what are the measurements that are given to you. and really lower the action to your liking as long as their is no buzz of any kind at all
I guess what i mean is that I don't have a ruler that measures 1/64 or whatever... lol I read it again after I wrote what I said and laughed... Is there some trick to using a normal ruler, I adjusted it to where I like it, I was mostly curious about how it is done in a shop since I cannot get to a shop. Again thank you.
Its not like you have to be really really accurate according to the measurement, its roughly and approximately until there's no buzzes around. But if you still insist on doing so, just rest the ruler on the fretwire and mark the string with your fingernail, then lift the ruler and see it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
or place the ruler 90degrees facing up but its thin when you point it up so that your able to read it. otherwise i will post a pic tomorow