hiya guys, i am a big fan of blink ( im gonna get flamed, rite) anyway i was wondering if anyone knew if the tom delonge strat was available in a lefty vesion. if not would it be esy to get the invaders and just customise a regular strat, or strat copy. any help is apriciated.
well, i dont think it comes in a lefty. you can check

www.musiciansfriend.com

as for the invader bucker, dont get it. it has no versatility. and later on down the road when you want to broaden your horizons, you wont have much to work with.
i was modest about it before... but i am the ****ing man
i have never seen a lefty but i think that would be rad if you customised a regular strat for yourself to a left handed version
Defend Your Dreams
umm if you like his sound if you read the stickie you should be trying to get the amps...
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
Quote by Lucr3tia
Get a decent guitar instead.

lmao

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

Quote by bigwig
well, i dont think it comes in a lefty. you can check

www.musiciansfriend.com

as for the invader bucker, dont get it. it has no versatility. and later on down the road when you want to broaden your horizons, you wont have much to work with.

ive looked for ages before and cant find it on the major internet sites, i think your right that they dont produce it. ive heard someone else say that about the invader. however im pretty adement on getting a delonge style guitar. so ill probbly customise a cheapish strat copy.that way, when i do broaden my horizens i wont have wasted too much money, thnx for the advice

Quote by rj46g

have never seen a lefty but i think that would be rad if you customised a regular strat for yourself to a left handed version

it looks like thats whats im goin to have to do, should be fun, im thinking of maybe an encore or aria strat copy (not brilliant, but cheap) chuck in the invaders which are about 70-80 quid and then decise on a colour. the colours im mainly thinking about are, grafitti yellow or surf green, possibly dolphin blue
Quote by billie joe 182
ive looked for ages before and cant find it on the major internet sites, i think your right that they dont produce it. ive heard someone else say that about the invader. however im pretty adement on getting a delonge style guitar. so ill probbly customise a cheapish strat copy.that way, when i do broaden my horizens i wont have wasted too much money, thnx for the advice

it looks like thats whats im goin to have to do, should be fun, im thinking of maybe an encore or aria strat copy (not brilliant, but cheap) chuck in the invaders which are about 70-80 quid and then decise on a colour. the colours im mainly thinking about are, grafitti yellow or surf green, possibly dolphin blue

Why would you want to buy a signature guitar by a guitarist that plays power chords?
The thing doesn't even have a neck pickup and if I remember correctly, it comes in a puke green color.
lulzor
metal elitism
Last edited by Lucr3tia at Aug 14, 2006,
Quote by Lucr3tia
Why would you want to buy a signature guitar by a guitarist that plays power chords?
The thing doesn't even have a neck pickup and if I remember correctly, it comes in a puke green color.

well maybe because i like that sort of music. thats just my taste, just because you dont agree dosent mean you have to be a moron over the issue. most sensible people would give help about the subject, like most of the previous posters have. but for some reason you decide to leave you one brain cell at home and just crap all over it with no justifications and offer no help at all. so what if he just uses power chords?? what does that prove. in the future you should really consider adding some substance to your posts.
Quote by billie joe 182
well maybe because i like that sort of music. thats just my taste, just because you dont agree dosent mean you have to be a moron over the issue. most sensible people would give help about the subject, like most of the previous posters have. but for some reason you decide to leave you one brain cell at home and just crap all over it with no justifications and offer no help at all. so what if he just uses power chords?? what does that prove. in the future you should really consider adding some substance to your posts.

Why would you buy a crappy guitar just because you like that music? How about making a logical decision and buying a decent guitar, putting some good pickups in it, and actually have something worth your money. If you're really thinking "so what if he only plays power chords", and you actually want to do the same thing, you clearly need to rethink if you should actually be playing guitar.
lulzor
metal elitism
yeah the tom delonge guitar isnt all that great. But if you are dead set on having one it isnty to difficult to take the right handed model and put a new bridge and nut in it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Lucr3tia
Why would you buy a crappy guitar just because you like that music? How about making a logical decision and buying a decent guitar, putting some good pickups in it, and actually have something worth your money. If you're really thinking "so what if he only plays power chords", and you actually want to do the same thing, you clearly need to rethink if you should actually be playing guitar.

im still in the early stages of learning guitar. at this stage power chords are the main bulk of my playing, because they are basic and part of the fundementals. of course i do not want to only play power chords forever and a day. its just at the moment this is what i am playing the most, and what i am enjoying the most. and i think that getting a guitar that is in keeping with this is a good decision for the moment. personally i like the sound of the invaders, admitly not versatile. its not a permament thing. just because i wanna get this guitar dosent mean its the last guitar ill ever get.
Quote by billie joe 182
im still in the early stages of learning guitar. at this stage power chords are the main bulk of my playing, because they are basic and part of the fundementals. of course i do not want to only play power chords forever and a day. its just at the moment this is what i am playing the most, and what i am enjoying the most. and i think that getting a guitar that is in keeping with this is a good decision for the moment. personally i like the sound of the invaders, admitly not versatile. its not a permament thing. just because i wanna get this guitar dosent mean its the last guitar ill ever get.

This fails to make any logical sense whatsoever. You go ahead and waste your money though.
lulzor
metal elitism
Quote by billie joe 182

yeah but you could easily get a guitar that will accomidate both your high output power chord playing as well as other stuff.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by billie joe 182

im thinking of maybe an encore or aria strat copy (not brilliant, but cheap) chuck in the invaders which are about 70-80 quid and then decise on a colour. the colours im mainly thinking about are, grafitti yellow or surf green, possibly dolphin blue

i wouldnt, you wont be happy with it even with the better pickups in. Id get a MIM or Highway 1 strat and mod that, prob MIM, and that would do you much better....
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Jesus some of you guys are twats. He likes to play Blink, so let him.

If you have to go for a cheap strat copy, I'd sugges using an Aria as the basis for the mod. They're better than encores and squier affinitys.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Lucr3tia
you clearly need to rethink if you should actually be playing guitar.

Why? If he enjoys it why should he listen to what you have to say? Shut your damn mouth, man. Personally I think he's wasting his money but it's his money. And what gives you the right to define whether or not someone "should" be playing guitar? Bastard.

Hi, Mr ThreadStarter. Just get an Invader pickup and have it stuck in a Strat-type, or do it yourself, it's pretty easy. That way you'll be able to get the Delonge sound but with the advantage of keeping the rest of the pickups in there - plus the two tone knobs which his signature lacks - for added flexibility, and it'll be cheaper. You'll also need to run your guitar to a Marshall with no effects to get his sound properly. There you are. Incedently I don't like Blink 182 at all, I just have an extraordinary retentive memory which is why I can remember his crappy axe's specs so well.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
dude, i made the mistake of buying one, and i listen to a lot of punk music(not blink, but different ****) worse mistake i ever made. dude, seriously, im not ripping on you, dont get the invaders ort he tom delonge guitar.
Quote by Lucr3tia
Get a decent guitar instead.
Quote by BcRichOwner
lmao

yeah, cuz the bc rich owner has the right to laugh in this situation
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
yeah, cuz the bc rich owner has the right to laugh in this situation

bitch got slammed!
Mr. Threadstarter,

I also play lefty and find it extremely hard to find decent guitars. Either:

1. Modify a Mexi Strat.
2. Buy a DeLonge strat, and play it hendrix style. That'd actually look pretty rad.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Agree with option two of person above.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
thanks for all of the advice and sugestions guys. most of you have been pretty helpfull and not complete assholes. at the moment im thinking of getting a cheap aria strat and chucking in the invader, or getting a better strat copy and put the invader in while keeping some of the other pickups. cheers for the ideas guys.
while your getting the invader put in if you go HSS configaration humbucker, single coil, single coil maybe look at getting some noiseless single coils put in as well?
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
Don't get the Invader dude, unless if you also like A7X solos...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?