hey everyone whats up!? id really love some help.

right now im in a guitar rut and i havent been playing much at all the past month or so.. and i want too but i never know what to learn or what to do with it..

does anyone have any ideas of what i could do? practise? learn? im up for anything.. im very open minded.. and i just want something to get me bak into it!

im just not sure whhat to do anymore

thanks
well imo start with listening and discovering new music

what do you listen to now? try to learn as many of your fav songs as you possible can

slowly challenge yourself by learning the hardest songs you listen to...

for example when i lost the will to play, i tried to learn the song Tornado of Souls, and i'm not very good, so it was a real challenge

challenge yourself, learn new things, comit to a song and you got it!
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
if u dont know em learn the major scales (im not real sure if thats what theyre called but thats what i call em) and start gettin in to some music theory. thats what ive been learnin lately and i havent been able to stop playing
i know basic theory, i know a few scales not many, but i swear i have ADD or something cause i cant just learn 1 song.. i keep on changing my mind.. :| i wanna learn coheed and cambria but i dunno which one too learn.. maybe instead of learning a long one go for a shorter one then get to learn em all cuz i love coheed!!
make up ur own songs too, make them as difficult as you can and intricate so you have to practice playing them, find out about other techniques and watch videos of guitarists playing and see what they do and incoporatre it into your songs. Come up with lyrics too, try singing them. Playing guitar is more than sitting in your room and strumming, get out there and show people your tricks, start a band, play in pubs, get free beer from the landlord!
"suicide hotline, please hold......."
im trying to get a band together.. and yeh beer sounds good i just wanna get a intermidiate song.. and try and play and sing along with it.. so i dunno i guess ill try some coheed cause some of there stuff is tough to play while singing

thanks guys
well if you can't choose, then jsut learn the major riffs and then roll with whatever feels good
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
learn some strange chords, like maj6, min6, 6add9, and so on. they will give you some interesting ideas.
Ain't it fun when you know you're gonna die young?

--Saul "Slash" Hudson

Quote by birdman267
Grow Facial Hair!
If you have the equipment, improvise over a drum machine, or tape yourself playing a rhythm and play along with your own recording. Also, listening to different styles, even those you hate, may spark new ideas. I despise bluegrass/folk, but I still go to a lot of the events nearby (Appalachain mountains) because of the hundreds of jam sessions outside the main stage. Sometimes I pick up something new from someone else, so long as they don't distract me with the singing.