Okay, so i've decided to mod my squier strat to get some practice before i do my first full blown build.

So far i have take then guitar apart, and sanded it down.

I plan to remove the current bridge the guitar has and change it to a fixed bridge [hardtail i think you guys call it].
As for the paint sceme im considering white with horizontal script free handed on.

right now im stuck for parts.. going to fill in the holes left from the tremolo with some wood.

but i cant find anywhere which sells decent paints, and i have no idea about fitting a new bridge if anyone could reccomend a good reasonably priced one..

here come the pictures...

halfway through disassembly

hand sanding effort

decided to get a power sander to help the process along.

front fully sanded.

back fully sanded.

pm me for more info or to offer help ^_^
have you decided on what your going to do, paintjob wise?
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Quote by GnGonzalesjoe
have you decided on what your going to do, paintjob wise?

dude did you read his post??
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Quote by tirius
As for the paint sceme im considering white with horizontal script free handed on.

heh
thanks for the site, does anyone know anywhere to get good paints online for the uk aswell?

and, as far as the bridge goes, i dont have a clue what to get, if i do a string through bridge what kind/make should i look at... and do i need more than just the bridge and ferrules?

thanks.
You just need the bridge piece and the ferrules to do stringthrough.

Unless you mean Strat-style stringthrough hardtail trem. Same necessities still though.
if reranch ships to uk go with them

reranch.com

i'm not sure if they do though
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Quote by YYZ
I like TonePro's bridges.

if you have the money for a TonePro's bridge go for it.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
for paints in the U.K use halfords car spray paint and lacquer (don't know if they sell online), i think its about £5 per tin, and works fine
guitarfetish.com, you can get a hardtail for like 16 bucks.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Mmm. Guitarfetish would be the cheap way to go in this one honestly. They're in Massachusetts, so shipping won't be AS much of a bitch as it would be if the shop were in California.

It's acutally in Medway, Mass. which is a town above mine. Pretty sweet.
eventually i will change them, but asides from re-doing all the wiring, and shielding it they'll stay as is for the moment.