Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
How do you take the plates off?
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
Quote by hendrix&angus!
yea i just dont know if it will effect the sound or not

Without the pickup covers, its has a bit of a higher/hotter output. The Pickup covers are put on for a more controlled sound.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Quote by hendrix&angus!
yea i just dont know if it will effect the sound or not

if i can remember right plates give much more mid sound and when you take em off they become hotter, more trebly....
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Take the pickups out and you'll see that the covers are held on by a bit of solder. Take the solder off and just pull the cover off. Warning: the pickups will have been wax potted in between the cover and pickup so you will need to clean a bunch of wax off the pickups.
and you wanna do this because? seriously the difference between covered pickups and non covered pups is highly debatable if you have any effects in your rig say goodbye to any noticeable difference. if you dont then by you 'eq'ing your amp then you wont notice any difference.
There is a noticeable difference when you remove or add pickup covers, and it's not debatable unless you're compeltely deaf. Adding the covers warms the tone of the pickups, rolling off the treble and giving extra emphasis on the midrange. It also slightly restricts the output and clarity of the pickup. An open coil pickup will sound hotter, have a brighter tone, and pick attack will be more pronounced in your tone.

And yes, I've removed and added pickup covers many times over the years, and the different is very noticeable, regardless of how many effects you have in your rig. Roc8995 has the process right. You remove the solder from the underside of the pickup, and the cover comes right off. You just have to clean the excess wax from the pickup, or else it will look pretty bad.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor