Should I get the Vox AD50VT or AD100VT? I know one's just louder than the other but I need an amp for garage band pratice and maybe gigs at like a school auditorium and coffee shops, and bars, and stuff like that. Any suggestion on which is more suitable for me? I also want it to be set quiet enough for late night practices. Thanks!
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
The 50 watt would most likely be loud enough for those kinda gigs, but of course the 100 watt would be better to get if you've got the money. Plus the good thing about those amps is that you can adjust the wattage at the back of the amp for when you're playing at home
Rush Fan Club member # 10
Seinfeld Fan Club member #7
the 50 is nice, because its cheaper and because its all u need, but if u do move up in venue sizes youll need something bigger. but i think that if u compare the sounds of the two amps, the 50 watt at full blast, and the 100 watt at half way. the sound from the 50 watt will just sound better.
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
^ That would be true of tube amps, but because the Vox is a hybrid it will probably still sound better at lower volumes. Hense, if you're in a position where you've gotta put the 50 on full blast, the 100 watter would be the best option.

I've heard the 50 has a better speaker than the 100. Don't know if that's just hear'say though.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
yeah i tihnk the 50 has celestion speakers idk bout the 100 though
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Wait a minute, if you go for the 100 your in a price range that can get you a better amp. Peavey valve king, laney lc30 or v15, ussed Marshall combo are just a few of them. I dont see the point buying a mediaokah amp when you can buy a better fully tube combo.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Quote by SamDking
^ That would be true of tube amps, but because the Vox is a hybrid it will probably still sound better at lower volumes. Hense, if you're in a position where you've gotta put the 50 on full blast, the 100 watter would be the best option.

I've heard the 50 has a better speaker than the 100. Don't know if that's just hear'say though.

the 50 had a celestion but the 100 has 2 of them. The 15 and 30 are the ones without celestions.
^ Yeh you may be right. I can't seem to find it out on the Vox website so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
I've got an 100, and really having the 100 running at half will sound better than the 50 running full not mention the 100 will last longer cause you won't need to push it as hard.
Speaker: AD50VT = 1x Celestion 70/80 (12 inch 8 ohm), AD30VT = 1x VOX original (10 inch 8 ohm), AD15VT = 1x VOX original (8 inch 8 ohm),

thats off the vox site... makes me sad i have the 30 watt ah well it was used i got it for $200 canadian regular $300. And the guy at the store recommended at least a 50w for playing with a drummer (but than again he's probably making commission). Anyways i ussually only jam with my buddies on guitar/bass so 30 was fine for me.
well, i have an ad 50vt, and it sounds good when its up louder, but not maxed. at max, the speaker has a hard time, and i dont blame it! also im pretty sure that the speakers in the ad100vt are just vox original, after all you gotta cut cost somewhere. my manual says that the 50vt si the only one with a celestion.

and for an estimate of loudess, its about as loud as my friends 50 watt guild thunderbass head, through his 1x15 cab. I can keep up with it no prob, and i still have headroom.
im definatly saving up for the 100watt. at my local guitar store they carry all the vox's and he let me take the 50 and 100 in a backroom and like said above the 50 at 8vol = 100 at just above the 4 area. The 50 isn't going to be enought to get over a crazy drummer, and you'll have to have it full blown and the speaker most likley aimed directly into where your playing, and all your buddies might not be able to hear you with their amps blasting, that changes with the 100 watt tho. I think it's defiantly worth the 200 dollars, the extra speaker is always nice to have too
Im for going with an all tube if your going with the 100. Buy a Hot Rod Deluxe instead as theyre AROUND the same price. I have an AD50, and I loved it, but Im goin with a Twin Reverb now (although I feel bad that its only 4 months after i got the 50).

So basically: Either get the 50, or go all tube.