whats the best place to buy pickups? im going for a jb/jazz set. they have them on musiciansfriend and americanmusical. is there anywhere else that is better?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
since those are the most common pups from SD, i would say anywhere. but i would go with whoever is cheaper. and with a the custom custom/59 reissue combo instead. (thats me, i play more stuff than metal)
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
musciansfriend is about as good as it gets. But they sell a set together dont they? I dunno if its a little cheaper that way or wut.
it is. about 10 bucks cheaper. haha. o and tubadude i also play a lot more than metal. actually i just started plaing some heavier stuff again. i play classic rock, blues, metal, hardcore, a little jazz sometimes. just basically whatever i feel like haha. i have played a guitar with the set and it sounded really good. i think ill go play it one more time before i buy them. also on just about every single review for the pickup ts talks about how versatile it is, and thats one of the main things i was looking for. the set just seems like exactly what im wanting. also, ive asked some people about wiring the pickups and they said it was easy. but what if i want to wire them so i can coil tap them. is that really complicated? ive never done any pickup changing or anything with wires and junk really. but anyway, i guess ill go with MF unless i can find a shop nearby thats cheaper
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
wiring a coil tapped guitar isnt really ahrder, you just need a pot that is push/pull so you cn tap them. SD provides really good wiring diagram for noobs on their site. if you follow those, and get a push pull pot, then you will be set.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at Aug 14, 2006,